Fury 4 Alternatives

Ran a Fury 4 25 pitch on my 2013 520C Ranger with a 250 ProXS. Amazing performance and loved the prop, but it just slung a blade and they are on back order until April 2022. Heard the Bravo 1 XS was a good prop, but don't know much about it. Ideally I would like to get the same performance as the Fury 4, but a little more durable. Never hit anything with my prop and it came apart while running open water.

2. Member
    I have that same combo in a 2014.
    I have run bravos,tempests,fury 3 and 4, and if you are looking for a similar level of overall performance it's hard to beat a good old Trophy.
    Last edited by NewRangerMan; 07-01-2021 at 08:17 PM.

3. Member
    Might want to talk to 21XDC and see what a razor4 xl would do

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    Might want to talk to 21XDC and see what a razor4 xl would do
    In my experience with 4-blade props on 250s, the Bravo is not super-durable either, but the Razor 4XL is. The downside of the 4XL seems to be that it is not quite as fast on top end. On hole shot, mid-range, and control it excels [small pun there]. 21XDC or Mark Croxton himself would be go-tos for specific, reliable information on this topic. And lest I forget, another *huge* upside to a Croxton prop is that repairs or replacements, if needed, are swift and reliable.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Running power poles, hydraulic jack plate, 4 batteries, so heavy load. Looking to try a Bravo, but Mercury's website says to go up 2" of pitch is going from a Fury to a Bravo. I assume they mean a 3 blade to 4, so where do I start? The Fury 4 25P was PERFECT....looking for the comparable pitch on a Bravo XS.

Thanks
    Last edited by schinkr1; 07-07-2021 at 08:14 AM.

I think 26 Bravo will get right about 6100-6200 on that boat at lower elevations
    Marks props have a proven track record for reliability, though a little slower
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Member
    Thanks for the info, but I thought you wanted to keep the RPM's around 5,800. Isn't 6100-6200 too high?

5950 is ideal. Rev limiter is 6200, I like them propped to run right at the limiter with normal loads in good condition so with heavy loads high temps and humidity It still spins about 5900. Spend very little time actually running flat out anyway. Propped this way it always has a good hole shot and acceleration and I run the same prop year round
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. Member
    I’ve been running a razor 4xl from mark for a season and a half. Like stated, not quite as fast on wide open(maybe 1-2mph lost) but the overall performance and durability has been great. Mark was also great to deal with. Really seems to hold/control the boat well under load.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

I concur with everyone else on the Razor XL. It will be my go to prop for every boat till I can no longer play with boats.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    I’ve been running a razor 4xl from mark for a season and a half. Like stated, not quite as fast on wide open(maybe 1-2mph lost) but the overall performance and durability has been great. Mark was also great to deal with. Really seems to hold/control the boat well under load.
    What are you seeing with the 25? I am top of RPM band and seeing 68 by myself and 65 heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    What are you seeing with the 25? I am top of RPM band and seeing 68 by myself and 65 heavy.
    I'm right there with you running the 25 Razor XL on my Puma FTD & Honda 250
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

13. Member
    @Finlander not sure if that question was for the Fury 4 25P or Razor XL, but I was seeing 71 with two guys and 1/2 tank of guys. By myself I was running 73 pretty consistently. Did a dumb thing recently though and have a new boat coming next week. Moving to a Mercury 250 four stroke, so will be starting over on props :) It comes with a Fury 23, but curious if guys still run 4 blades on the 4 strokes. I still plan to fish the great lakes, so thinking a 4 blade is still in my future, but not sure if that still helps on the 4 strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by schinkr1 View Post
    @Finlander not sure if that question was for the Fury 4 25P or Razor XL, but I was seeing 71 with two guys and 1/2 tank of guys. By myself I was running 73 pretty consistently. Did a dumb thing recently though and have a new boat coming next week. Moving to a Mercury 250 four stroke, so will be starting over on props :) It comes with a Fury 23, but curious if guys still run 4 blades on the 4 strokes. I still plan to fish the great lakes, so thinking a 4 blade is still in my future, but not sure if that still helps on the 4 strokes.
    I'm running a 23 Razor XL on my Caymas CX21 with 250 Merc 4 stroke. 69 solo moderate tournament load and 67 with a partner. I'm a fatty too so I'm sure the flat bellies with lithium battery setups would be 1-2 better overall. I'm very happy with the 4 blade. Fury 24 is 1-2mph faster but I like the handling, holeshot and control of the 4 blade.

15. Member
    What are the concerns about durability? Been fishing/boating since 1980 running Fury, Tempest, Trophy and High-5 props since then. Never, ever had a problem with any of them. Now running a Fury and a Tempest and looking at maybe a Bravo.

16. Member
    My typical fishing is solo but with a tackle shop in the boat. I can run 67-68mph like this with full tanks and it’s about 6000rpm’s and incredibly stable. I’ve never pushed it for max with another guy but I can run 60-62 with out opening it up for sure and it manages the load very well. We have very few lakes I fish where I can run WOT very long at all so my wants were great boat control, hole shot, and mid range… basically the razor xl’s middle name.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

17. Member
    I concur with everyone else on the Razor XL. It will be my go to prop for every boat till I can no longer play with boats.
    Mark told me he has a new Razor XL coming out, but not heard back from him.

18. Member
    I'm running a Razor 4XL 26P on my Allison ProSport XB21 with 250 SHO. Great holeshot and overall handling. New rig for me and have spun it in the mid 70's easily.

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    My typical fishing is solo but with a tackle shop in the boat. I can run 67-68mph like this with full tanks and it’s about 6000rpm’s and incredibly stable. I’ve never pushed it for max with another guy but I can run 60-62 with out opening it up for sure and it manages the load very well. We have very few lakes I fish where I can run WOT very long at all so my wants were great boat control, hole shot, and mid range… basically the razor xl’s middle name.
    Good info. I am in warmer Florida and I believe the Etec might be slightly stronger than my Pro XS so it makes sense you are able to turn the 25. I have a 10” Atlas which came standard. The Ranger Guru’s of the day claim it to be optimal for this hull going back to the Z19 days but I almost think its too much. How much set back on yours and how much if any toy weight you lugging? I have a single 12’ Talon with plans to swap into twin 8’ blades this fall. Weight OAL with brackets should be about the same. Might get some cooler day trips this winter to re test my solo top speed and the St. Johns does offer some room to run.