Thread: Trading styles

Trading styles

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone here regularly day or swing trades? I'm interested in swing or momentum trading as I don't know if I could be glued to 3 monitors everyday stressing over action. I'm comfortable financially with an emergency fund and a 401a/403b that is probably at a point I could retire within a year or two at age 56 or 57.
    I would say I have a basic to moderate level of understanding the stock market and trading. I've looked at some books, YouTube, reddit, etc but it's hard to know what to trust and where to start. Has anybody here started later in life learning to trade in those styles? Is it worthwhile? If so, any advice on where to start?

2. Member
    Get a subscription to Investors Business Daily and start reading and trading.

3. Member
    I like to daytrade and swing trade, that's primarily what I do. There are a few of us that do here. It just takes a lot of practice. Watch some live trading videos just to get an idea of how it works. I've learned a lot from Meir Barack on youtube. You can also set up ondemand with TD's thinkorswim platform and trade for practice. That is also very helpful.