Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raptors or Sportsman II

I can get a pair of Raptors for about the same price as Sportsman II's. Which way should I go? I've had blades before but right now those are out of my price range. Thanks Mike

2. Member
    Interested to see responses.

Personally, I like the Raptors looks but have never used them. I have had blades and they were great.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Yeah I mean if money wasn't part of the equation I'd go with Blades. For what it's worth I won't be running Birds on this boat. It came with a Lowrance 12 Live at the console and I'm throwing my 106SV on the bow.

5. Member
    The Raptors should be closer in price to the Pro Series II. If the Sportsman's are priced that high I would go with the Raptors for sure.
    Brad Krone

6. Member
    The Raptors were not built as a competitive product to the entry level offerings, they're more top shelf in design and features. If comparing dollar to dollar, the Raptor offers more than your other option listed.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    pm sent

8. BBC SPONSOR
    I sell all make and model shallow water anchor systems. Power Pole, Raptor, Talon. And currently have all models in stock.

In my opinion, the Raptor would be comparable to a Pro2. Sportsmans will cost less.

If you need pricing let me know. I have product ready to ship and will be able to offer the most competitive pricing.

Rich 954-917-0634

9. Member
    Love my Raptors

10. Member
    Powerpole customer service is hard to beat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC88 View Post
    Powerpole customer service is hard to beat.
    I totally agree

12. Member
    If I was choosing raptors or sportsman’s I would do the raptors. I choose blades and got them for close to the same price when you add in MinnKotas JP brackets. Those are spendy brackets.

13. Member
    Raptors hands down, run them for 6 months now no complaints.
    Seen wayyyyyy too many PP strapped up with electrical tape over the years.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OSP View Post
    Raptors hands down, run them for 6 months now no complaints.
    Seen wayyyyyy too many PP strapped up with electrical tape over the years.
    must be an Australian thing... don't see that here in the U.S. don't see a need for poles to be "strapped up w electrical tape".

15. Member
    I have had both, my blades were version 1 and the lower pivots were getting well used. I had to replace the plastic bushings with bearing brass and that helped some. With this I made the switch to the Raptor. The like's are faster and quitter than the blades. Keep in mind I had the original slower blades. The Raptors are lighter, but have plastic top swivel ends. The Active Anchoring is a major bonus. I did use the old PP mounting brackets. The Raptor blue tooth and button are way more finicky, and at times I find my self fighting it to go up or down. With the software update, it seems to help some....? The raptor are larger around and stick higher than the blades. I use to get the blades in the garage without lowering, the Raptors I need to lower. The reason for the switch, were the cost, one boat network and Active Anchoring. If I were to do it all over again, What would I do, that's a hard choice? There's pros and cons to each, I can't really say. Price and budget, and if Blades had Active Anchoring, then I would be swayed that way I think?

I do know that Rich at hydrilla gear was great to work with and had mine to me in two days shipped.

Hope this helps some?
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

16. Member
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I ended up getting access to a VIP code with Minn Kota and couldn't pass up the price on the Raptors.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. I ended up getting access to a VIP code with Minn Kota and couldn't pass up the price on the Raptors.
    How do you get a code like that? I'm looking hard at some Raptors.

18. Member
    If I was in the market and with my Blades being 7 years old, I am going with Power Pole hands down. Yes I have had some issues with mine like the fluid "snotting up", a circuit board going bad, and leaking reservoirs, but Power Pole customer service puts their product head and shoulders above anybody else's. After the warranty Minn Kota will tell you that their product is no longer covered and that is a fact. Not Power Pole. I am not knocking the Raptors nor Minn Kota, but for the most part that is the way it is with their products. Good yes, but they can't touch, and probably choose not to do so, the beyond warranty help that Power Pole gives. Quite frankly I have never experienced the level of customer support that Power Pole provides with anything else I have ever purchased.

19. Member
    Raptors, I'd take raptors over blades.

20. Scraps
    Like said, you're comparing apples to pears. The PIIs are better than the Sportsman and more comparable to Raptors.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast