Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Raptors, I'd take raptors over blades.
    A raptor does not compare to a blade more comparable to a Pro II

2. Member
    [QUOTE=Tromanoski;11995674]If I was in the market and with my Blades being 7 years old, I am going with Power Pole hands down. Yes I have had some issues with mine like the fluid "snotting up", a circuit board going bad, and leaking reservoirs, but Power Pole customer service puts their product head and shoulders above anybody else's. After the warranty Minn Kota will tell you that their product is no longer covered and that is a fact. Not Power Pole. I am not knocking the Raptors nor Minn Kota, but for the most part that is the way it is with their products. Good yes, but they can't touch, and probably choose not to do so, the beyond warranty help that Power Pole gives. Quite frankly I have never experienced the level of customer support that Power Pole provides with anything else I have ever purchased.[/QUOTE

JL Marine will also answer your questions. PROMPTLY! No one else does that. I bought my rig used with these poles and they still treat me like I am the original owner.

3. Member
    I have 2 Sportsman2 poles, they work just great. No issues whatsoever and no idea why people pay so much extra for the blades. The Power Pole service is simply awesome. On the other hand I had a friend that bought the raptors and they certainly look awesome but he had one little issue and could not get hold of support very easily.

If it was last year I would say go with Power Poles but since I bought a Ghost I have very little need for the Power Poles. I kindof wish I could sell my new power poles but they are a pain to pack up and ship so they come along for the ride every time I go fishing..

Having owned one of the first 6’ original power pole I have always been a bit biased. They worked and we needed them more than we knew. Somewhere back in time I responded to one of these threads about the Pro2’s needing a rubber stopper to arrest the slap. Good on you Minn Kota and shame on you Power Pole for a missed opportunity.

I believe the Raptors are priced appropriately behind the Blades considering the active anchoring and design updates over the Pro 2’s. I would consider the Pro 2’s provided they address the slap. It’s to late to remain complacent, time to update their second tier product line.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

5. Member
    For me it will always be PP. As others stated, it would be the ProII as comparison and not the Sportsman Series.
    Its all about how will MK step up to the plate to support you when your Raptors are 5-6 years old?

My PP Pro II's have been flawless. My Spikes started flaking. Emailed JL Marine, new spikes in the mail. Spikes fit loose. PM'd. New spikes and knuckles in the mail. I didnt know they were even shipped. Handled my issue like I just purchased them. Mine are nearing 6 years old and are solid with no side to side wear.

I have a pump that is starting to get noisy after it pulls the blade up before the pressure switch kills it. For me thats normal wear and will replace it when required.
    I fish all shallow water and use them constantly. In fact I had blades on my previous boat, and see no need to upgrade.
    Unless MK comes up with something ground breaking for less then half the price, no reason to leave PP. JMO.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Member
    Love my Raptors!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12