Ultrex install on 2005 bass tracker PT185

Need some help y'all. I have way overthought this and it's driving me crazy. I am trying to decide where to mount it so that it's not a problem such as running into docks etc. I have to drill new holes anyway, so I want to get it right.

Here are some pictures from.different angles. Do you think it's OK, or should it move inside the boat more? Anyone have pics of their tracker install? I can take more pics if needed.

20210630_150847.jpgScreenshot_20210630-183308_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20210630-183257_Facebook.jpg

Thanks!

You should be okay there.

Depending what sort of docks you have (e.g they are taller than the boat itself) then you may want to scoot it inside just a hair.

You are going to love that troller compared to your old one I'm sure. If you got ipilot and spot lock to accompany with the new unit we are talking about a game changer here. If you have to drill new holes make sure you jb weld over the old holes. Preferably the water weld stuff as there is no way the liquid style jb would hold long enough where you placed it to dry in place.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

I have the head of my 52 inch shaft all tracks hanging just outside the Gunnels on my ranger RT 198P and I had the support arm resting perfectly on the gun roll it just so happens the motor will lock in the down position and still be fully supported by the arm perfectly. I added some rubber pad under the support arm foot to protect the paint from chips and where

4. Member
    When I installed mine I drilled new holes and positioned the head well inside the gunnel to insure that it didn't get bashed against a dock. I used JB weld epoxy to fill the now exposed old holes and used touch up paint to blend it in. The spots for the old holes can still be spotted but they aren't obvious.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

5. Member
    My 45" hangs about 3" outside the gunnel, so I just tie off on the starboard side. Your pics look dandy.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    When I installed mine I drilled new holes and positioned the head well inside the gunnel to insure that it didn't get bashed against a dock. I used JB weld epoxy to fill the now exposed old holes and used touch up paint to blend it in. The spots for the old holes can still be spotted but they aren't obvious.
    This is what I did, but I still have not painted the old holes because I don't know where to locate Tracker's red color paint on the aftermarket side.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

7. Member
    You look fine. I installed my own. One suggestion... go get some brass nuts for the bolts. The stainless tends to seize to stainless bolts. If you ever have to remove, you will be glad that you went and found some... AT MINIMUM use antisieze compound...but the brass nuts are better.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.