Optimax Serpentine Belt

Part number 8M0026410

Pretty much impossible to find where I am unless I want to wait weeks for it.

Does anyone know of a suitable automotive replacement or know the dimensions of the belt so I could find one?

Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Should not be that difficult to obtain a serpentine belt, especially since they're readily available from the manufacturer.

No specifications are provided- recommend replacing with the correct part number OEM belt, based on the engine's serial number (not provided).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I agree, shouldn't be difficult.

Unfortunately is. Only place available is on the opposite coast.

I'm telling ya, finding parts in Canada is like a needle in a haystack. And they are incredibly expensive. $300 for the flywheel puller. Wild.

I'm not sure why any belt, the same size wouldn't work just the same.

4. Member
    300 thats crazy , ive seen some automotive belts tried on some mtrs in the past they didnt make it 10 minutes just not made to same specs in my opinion
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Primary reason the automotive belts don't usually hold up is the RPM/Duty Cycle difference.

So Lunger- are you in Ontario? If not, where?

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/ca/...towa%2C+canada

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    In Ontario yes. I've called every dealer in 100 mile radius of me. Nothing.

Closest they are is at Mercury in Vancouver. At least two weeks to get here.

7. Member
    I'm pretty sure every dealer here in southern Ontario doesn't stock parts.
    I had to order mine.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

8. Member
    As an FYI. Napa part number 25-040340 works in a pinch. Ran the motor all weekend without issue. For 35 bucks, its worth mayne having one on hand.

Sierra replacement part number is 18-18000- and is at least 25% cheaper than the Merc part.

9. Member
    good to know
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................