RT188p without coin box?

I am shopping around for aluminum boats and am giving the RT188P strong consideration. However, I cannot figure out what is between the seats if you don't get the coin box. Every picture I can find has a coinbox. Does any one know? Could you provide pictures? Depending on what you get without the coinbox, I might rather save the money. I would also be happy to hear an opinions on this boat from owners. Thanks in advance!

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I took a hard look at the specifications and options pages on the build sheet for the RT188P. Like you, I haven’t seen an RT188 without a coin box, but since the coin box is in an options package [under Miscellaneous Features], I am guessing what you get without the coin box is simply a carpeted surface. There is no mention in the build sheet on Ranger’s web site of purchasing any other item, like a 3rd passenger seat, that would fit in the coin box area. Of course, purchasing without the coin box would save you $1165, but remember the $1165 includes trailer tie-downs and a custom boat cover. The cover and trailer tie-downs list at $734, so the coin box charge is essentially $431. They are awfully convenient to have, which is probably why we don’t see many RT188s without one.

Having said all of the above, if I wanted a for-sure answer, I’d call a dealer.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Looked at one at the lake last night. he had a fold down seat where the coin box would be

4. Member
    It comes standard with a center fold down seat. Coin box is optional.

5. Member
    Standard specs details a 'center fold down'
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC