Jacksonville Area Fishing

Coming down from Kentucky in a couple weeks for family vacation. Is there any good bank access or bass boat rentals in the area? Looking to get out and try to catch a few bass for a day while in the area. We will be near the northern part of the St. John's River so any suggestions in that area would be greatly appreciated.

When exactly? Also Hannah Park has lakes with bass. There are a few other parks. Depending on the time frame , I could take you out on the ST. Johns.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

3. Member
    Whiteys fish camp in Orange Park is located on swimming pen creek just south of jacksonville they rent boats with close access to St Johns river. They have a website. whiteysfishcamp.com they have boat rental prices on the website.

4. Member
    Thank you all for the feedback. I will be there July 12-18.

Quote Originally Posted by FishFryKY View Post
    Thank you all for the feedback. I will be there July 12-18.
    Crap, I have a club tournament out of Palatka on the 17th.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

6. Member
    No worries. If something changes just PM me. I appreciate the offer. I am going to look for bank access points for now and see about possibly renting a boat one day.

7. Member
    Sorry out of state for those dates but check out St. Mary Fish camp

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishFryKY View Post
    Coming down from Kentucky in a couple weeks for family vacation. Is there any good bank access or bass boat rentals in the area? Looking to get out and try to catch a few bass for a day while in the area. We will be near the northern part of the St. John's River so any suggestions in that area would be greatly appreciated.
    Fish the retention ponds around where you are staying. You will catch more fish than trying to get on the River.

Bring: F13 Gold black back Rapala, weightless junebug trick worm.

9. Member
    This is not a bad idea. I grew up on the river and I have caught many nice bass in retention ponds, golf course ponds, bodies of water around learning institutions etc. I will say it is much easier when you are a younger man and not so obvious. Send me a pm and I will share a few spots of this is something you want to try.