F20 Predator vs 205

Has anyone been in the Falcon 205 and the F20 Predator? Is on faster, better handling, better rough water ride?

2. Member
    The 2021 Predator and the 2021 F20 are the same hull. The differences are in the deck layout, trailer upgrades and the Predator logo inlaid in the glass vs. Falcon name appliqué on the side of the F20.

I’d imagine the performance will be virtually the same since they’re the same hull. I ordered the F20TE Hybrid because I wanted the seadeck vs. carpet and I don’t care about the trailer upgrade. At the time, the Predator wasn’t available with seadeck but one pro is testing one this season - per my conversation with the factory.

I ordered it in March and still waiting!!!
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

3. Member
    On the website it shows the Predator hull is 20'2" the 205 says 20'4" I assumed they were slightly different hulls.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBassman View Post
    On the website it shows the Predator hull is 20'2" the 205 says 20'4" I assumed they were slightly different hulls.

I recommend you call the factory. Give them a call - they’ll answer your questions.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

5. Member
    They are both very close. The predator has a slightly modified rear end to help hole shot. The 205 goes a bit more nose up on take off that most, similar to some of the old champions. Ride, handling, and speed are very similar, which is great all the way around. Predator has several nice upgrades that come standard that are optional on the 205. The front deck layout is a little different as the predator has a driver’s side day box (convertible into another rod box). Both are excellent!

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies I've decided to order the 205 I like the ability to have a middle seat I will be placing my order on Tuesday with Angler's Outpost. I live in BC Canada so I have a bit of a drive once it's built I plan to do a little fishing while out that way.