Float off/Power Load

Just got my new 2021 Z18 last month and when I float it off the trailer, it falls hard off the bow roller on the trailer. When I go to load it, the roller is higher than the bow of the boat. Its almost like the roller should be lower. Am I dropping the trailer in too far to load? Anyone else have this problem or recommendations?

2. Member
    Could be the angle of the ramp

3. Member
    Try not putting the trailer in as deep. This will not help you float off but it will help when you load. I have the same issue as some ramps I use that are steeper than others.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You are too deep in the water.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    I have no issues with mine but the ramps I use are not steep.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6. Member
    I have a 2012 Z7 that is exactly the same way on a steep ramp. For launching, I keep the bow strap attached when I back it down the ramp. I go back a little further than where it would fall off the roller if it was unhooked, get in the boat, and then unhook it from within the boat before driving it off. This helps a lot with falling off the roller so hard, but you might need a pair of rubber boots to not get wet getting into the boat. For loading on a steep ramp, I need to have the two rear bunks just peaking out of the water, or else it goes under the roller ever time. On a more gradual ramp, I back it in further to where the two front bunks are just peaking and it loads perfectly.

I agree this is a slightly more steep ramp and you are getting to deep with the trailer. Stop before the back actually floats and it shouldn't take much effort to get off the trailer. And as far as going back onto the trailer put it a bit more shallow. It will work perfectly
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    Most likely too deep
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

9. Member
    Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll give them a shot.