Chantilly area f

VA-BBC,
    I am from Florida’s will be working in Chantilly area for about a year. My schedule will be 10 days on and 4 days off.

my ??? Are is it worthy to bring up my boat? Is the Potomac safe running this far north? Is there ant other bodies of water worthy of making the trip?

2. Member
    If a fiberglass, boat you will be fishing the Potomac DC south. From Chantilly best places to launch are either Leesylvania or Pohick. From Chantilly probably about 45 minutes to either. Longer on the ride home depending on traffic.
    Lake Anna is another option. About 90 minutes away. Good spring and fall option. Super busy during the summer.
    Send me a pm if you need more info. I work near Chantilly and live near the Potomac.

3. Member
    Yes bring your boat Feel free to drop a PM for any additional info
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera II

4. Member
    I will say this the traffic in the entire area SUCKS… BIG TIME. You can fish early during the week to avoid boat traffic on the Potomac or Anna BUT the traffic SUCKS!

other options for fishing within 2 hours are the Rappahannock and James or Chick but again Traffic SUCKS. You will be traveling 95 south for most of it. If you have 4 days off and can/willing to stay in a hotel then Anna Rapp James or Cick would be options as well.