Smallmouth charter

Hey guys new here. I am from cincinnati Ohio but I am looking to get on some big smallies this coming weekend. I am putting my wife through school getting her doctorate degree and have 4 kids under 5 lol so time is not an easy thing to come by for me. I have a basscat pantera 2 so I can take it pretty much anywhere but I would rather pay a charter to help me get on them so im not wasting the little time I have to myself. Does anyone have a good charter they can recommend or any advice? I was thinking of going to st clair this weekend but a lot of people told me I’m insane for trying to go out on the 4th of July weekend on that lake.

2. Member
    Tom Keifer on St Clair, if he has an opening I'd highly recommend him.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught!

3. Member
    Bill Seavey goes out of East Harbor. 330-524-7982.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I Will check them out.
    Basscat Pantera 2
    200 hp Johnson venom

5. Member
    Just a heads up for anyone that commented. I went with marcels guide service with Todd Koehler. Best time ive ever had on a lake. 31lb 6 ounces on best 5. Before this trip my biggest smallie was around 2.5 lbs lol. i dont really know how to post pictures on here but its on the lake st clair fishing fb if you guys want to check it out.... Thanks
    Basscat Pantera 2
    200 hp Johnson venom

6. Member
    Basscat Pantera 2
    200 hp Johnson venom

7. Member
    That’s an incredible day! Good work. To have that much weight post spawn is even more impressive. What did you catch them on?

very nice day on the water, beautiful smallies.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

9. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaney2169 View Post
    curious what you caught them on also.
    And even general area be kool to know , I’m gonna guess 20 foot or deeper,?..

10. Member
    Jared Rhode is a stud guide on erie. One of the best smallie fisherman on erie and st clair as well.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

Quote Originally Posted by chaney2169 View Post
    Just a heads up for anyone that commented. I went with marcels guide service with Todd Koehler. Best time ive ever had on a lake. 31lb 6 ounces on best 5. Before this trip my biggest smallie was around 2.5 lbs lol. i dont really know how to post pictures on here but its on the lake st clair fishing fb if you guys want to check it out.... Thanks
    Not sure if you heard, but TK had a heart attack and passed on Friday. Great man and one of the best sticks on the lake. Gonna be sorely missed.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex