Chickamauga trip question

I've got 4 days to fish in mid July. Is it worth making a trip?

2. Member
    Went around that time last year. Caught some good fish but it was slow and crowded. I personally liked watts Barr better. No crowd and caught lots of fish in topwater in the evenings and docks throughout the day. No giants but big enough to keep you interested.

Thanks for the info.

4. Member
    Id find somewhere else to go. Chick starts to go way down hill around the middle of July. The bass scatter on the ledges due to nonstop pressure and the bait starts moving into the grass so they're even more spread out. Plus this year has been dry so very little current makes them even more spread out and tight lipped.
    You can still catch some deep and on the outside grass lines but bites are generally far and few between.

Thanks very much .

6. Member
    As said above, Chick is very dependent on current during the summer months. Not enough rain to keep the current flowing and the bass grouped up.
    But, with all that being said, Watts Bar is the same fishing situation, but with fewer folks.
    I have fished Chick for over 20 years, but now drive 30 extra minutes to get to Watts Bar. I don't like the crowds.
    If you do come to Chick, get a guide for the first day to get your bearings. Lots to choose from on the Chick FB page.