USA 2017 115 Evinrude HO starting issues.

My boat starts up without a problem, but when it gets really hot outside, it won't start. When I open the gas cap there's a big whoosh like there's trapped air in the tank. When I get back in from fishing, the rubber bulb is not solid. Any ideas from Evinrude user's. Would to hear your thoughts call me Jim 815-979-2409
    Last edited by jhcombs1; 06-28-2021 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Change
    Thanks,

James H. Combs
    jhcombs@comcast.net
    815-979-2409

2. Member
    May want to give a call to the Jerry’s sport, on the rock river in Beloit.
    sounds like a plugged vent for the fuel tank

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    May want to give a call to the Jerry’s sport, on the rock river in Beloit.
    sounds like a plugged vent for the fuel tank
    My thoughts exactly. Creates pressure inside when it's unused and hot and creates a vacuum when driven due to fuel consumption.
    Triton 180DC---150hp Yamaha Vmax HPDI---Bobs 6" Hydro Plate---24 Tempest Plus---Ultrex---Lowrance Carbons

4. Member
    Not a plugged vent. That is the new tank system. California regulations.

I have the exact same motor and dealt with starting issues for 2 years. The fix was a kit was put on the fuel system that allows the the system to burp gas vapor pressure.
    As explained to me by an Evinrude warranty tech;
    The engine and components are warm and you turn off motor. Then it won’t restart. The problem is because of the heat, the fuel system starts to build pressure and vaporizes the gas. This causes a vapor locked fuel system and it won’t pull gas. The kit allows that pressure to burp out of the fuel system. He also down loaded a program that makes the motor run at high idle for 20-30 seconds on start up. Problem solved.