Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Put in some flowers/plants with some simple brick or stone borders with mulch. It would look nice and keep people from parking. Make them about 4' x 3' spaced about 20 ft apart to keep people from pulling off the road. I wouldn't think the easement would be a big deal unless they use it often, and probably nothing would ever be said. If they made it a big deal, it wouldn't be that difficult to remove them.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Put in some flowers/plants with some simple brick or stone borders with mulch. It would look nice and keep people from parking. Make them about 4' x 3' spaced about 20 ft apart to keep people from pulling off the road. I wouldn't think the easement would be a big deal unless they use it often, and probably nothing would ever be said. If they made it a big deal, it wouldn't be that difficult to remove them.
    Good plan. Make it "raised bed" so you don't have to get permission to dig.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

3. Member
    I'm feeling the love here

4. Member
    Park the boat there.

5. Member
    So here's my .02. IF it's public land that you have to maintain, why not just get a couple tons of rocks/gravel and xeriscape it? Then you don't have to take care of it because it's rocks. If they stop there while it's dry, they don't hurt anything. If they stop there while it's wet, charge them to pull them out or let them call a tow truck.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    he’d be responsible because he still has to maintain it. Also if he put up crap to pop a tire intentionally, especially on public ROW, he will be held responsible. You can’t go into the middle of a road and put out tire spikes and expect nothing to happen to you because you don’t own the property. You don’t maintain it you’ll get fined, and if you “make” them sign it over to you they’ll laugh at your face and tell you to go pound sand. It’s really simple, public ROW is just that.

one thing I noticed lately is BBC members are the most vengeful people I’ve ever come across. It’s pretty disturbing the type of advice some are willing to offer and the things they admit to do just to feel like their tougher. Purposely damaging another individual’s car is pretty sad. Two wrongs don’t make a right
    BBC has a lot of big talkers and keyboard commandos. I don’t many, if any, of them would actually do the stuff the advise. They just like to talk chit.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Simple fix. Have the town put up no parking signs. When someone parks there call the cops and keep calling the cops every time someone parks there. Eventually they will get the message after getting ticketed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpig556 View Post
    Simple fix. Have the town put up no parking signs. When someone parks there call the cops and keep calling the cops every time someone parks there. Eventually they will get the message after getting ticketed enough.
    Well, that is me possible outcome. Or it can be like in my parent’s rural neighborhood on Lake Berkeley in KY where just about everyone has a golf cart to ride around on. Not raise hell, but to go see your friends. Someone started calling the Sherrif’s department every time they saw one. Over time the Sherrif gave that caller less and less attention and eventually the county made it legal. The squeaky wheel might get grease but that might not always move it in a direction you want..
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Banned
    It would be a shame if those pesky teenagers running around the neighborhood were letting air out of peoples cars parked on the street. I had a dumbass kid in the neighborhood that liked to turf people's yards. Got mine right after I redid the entire lawn. Some 1x4s with framing nails happened to get dropped after a remodel. For some reason never had an issue again

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Good plan. Make it "raised bed" so you don't have to get permission to dig.
    Mossie3 got it right but big $$$ and time to make it look good and maintain

11. Member
    They got me again but this time was a drive by instead of doing it by hand.

12. Member
    Around here people put metal stakes with reflectors. Although the reason is more to keep the snow plows from tearing up their yard, but it would also work to keep people from parking.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

13. Member
    By hand? They were hand digging ruts in your yard after they parked there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    They got me again but this time was a drive by instead of doing it by hand.

Is it trucks, cars, Semi's, busses, or everything parking there?
    You might be able to go to the city council and ask to make it a tow zone. Or they might be able to make a suggestion on how to combat the issue.
    Have you pulled a plat of surveyed property lines? That would help to know what is actually your property.
    You could always have it curbed and guttered with a sidewalk installed.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    keyboard commandos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Member
    I totally see where the original poster is coming from, I've been in that situation myself and it is very frustrating. I never could solve the problem. I had thought about placing large stones out front but I was afraid if anyone crashed into them it would be a liability issue.

It does remind me of a funny story though. I remember moving my daughter into an apartment on campus when she was in college. The access to unload furniture and such was in a rather narrow alley in the back of the building so I pulled the truck and small trailer in and tried to get as far to one side so as to not completely block the alley. There was another apartment on that side of the alley and I was very careful not to pull into their grass because I hate when someone drives in my yard. As we were carrying furniture up the narrow staircase to her apartment, the tenant of the apartment on the other side of the alley came to me and said, "You're parked in my yard!" I went down to see what she was talking about and both my truck tires were on the pavement of the alley. She pointed to the trailer tire and the sidewall was hanging over the pavement and casting a shadow on her "Yard". I looked up and saw 3 of their own cars parked in the "Yard" (only one of which looked like it had ran in the past month) and it was totally torn up where they had been pulling in and out. I asked if she was serious and she just looked at me so I pulled the trailer forward about a foot so it was no longer casting a shadow.
    2009 Tracker Pro 170 TX - Mercury 40 HP EFI

17. Member
    My neighbors camera caught a glimpse of the vehicle I think may have done it, fits the timeline, so I will be on the look out for them.

18. Member
    Set up a tripwire with flairs ( dogs and deer will love it also ) could also use a foghorn

19. Member
    Talk to your city or counties public works department you would be surprised how they will work with you especially if your doing the work.

20. Member
    Throw all of your dog shit in that area of your yard. It won’t hurt anyone’s vehicles or cost you any money. If your dog shits like mine do, they might get stuck when they try to park there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast