New Boat Revisited

I posted a while back that I'm considering selling my 2003 20XDC and going with a new 21SDC. I realize what I'm debating comes down to personal choice but I always appreciate the wisdom and thoughts on this site. Wealth of info here. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I really like having a 90+ mph boat. I had a modified 280 on the boat when it was new and could run low 100's. I'm getting older and I think I could appreciate the ride of a 21'er a little more than I used to, but I still want to run strong. I have a 250R (flashed) 1:75 gears, and I suspect I will be low to mid 80's tops with the flashed 250R on a 21SDC, is that probably about right???

2. Member
    If you want to come over and take a ride in my 2016 21 RDC w/300XS, you're more than welcome, not the same as a SDC, but might give you an idea of the ride of a 21' er, only about 5 1/2 hours away, Maumelle Ar,

3. Member
    I would think you could get mid 80's with a flashed 250 fairly easy. Im not too studied up on the new R motors.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Who is flashing the new Merc 4 strokes?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Who is flashing the new Merc 4 strokes?
    I would like to know also.
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

6. Member
    I had it flashed last year before the crack-down. The guy who did mine is no longer able to do them.

7. Member
    Thanks for the offer Bullet 250. I think I've made up my mind I'm going with the 21SDC. This will be my last new boat and the boat I retire with, so I'm going to hedge my bet and go with the 21'er.

Thanks everyone!! I always appreciate the offers and advice, great bunch of guys!

8. Member
    Anytime, I grew up in Tulsa, born in Ponca, still like to help out my Okie friends when I can!!!!! you will love the ride!!

9. Member
    Switching from a 20xdc to a 21sdc you will feel like your driving a tank the big S boat shines in the soft ride and fishing layout , you definitely can feel the weight running at least with the Sho she comes out of the hole the best I have owned but you have to get her rolling to lift the hull up on the pad . Its going to be very different but not bad different .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

10. Member
    Thanks av, hopefully I like the change, going to prob be my last new boat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Anytime, I grew up in Tulsa, born in Ponca, still like to help out my Okie friends when I can!!!!! you will love the ride!!
    Thats awesome! I appreciate it very much

12. Member
    If I had the time, I'd meet you at Tenkiller and catch some smallmouth and go for a ride, I haven't been there in YEARS!!!!!

13. Member
    If I had the time, I'd meet you at Tenkiller and catch some smallmouth and go for a ride, I haven't been there in YEARS!!!!!
    I haven't been there in years either. I really appreciate your consideration. Did you go to school in Ponca? I graduated in 1984. I've lived in Ponca my entire life, great little town. Getting close to retiring, and my current Bullet is pushing 19 years old, so the wife says I better get a new one cause after I retire it won't be an option. So I think I better take her up on that....LOL

14. Member
    I'll be going from a 20XD/300XS to a 21SDC/300R. I placed my order early may, Longest 15 week wait of my life.

I really wanted a 21SST, Right now i'm in my 30s and now the better boat for me would be the SST i think, but i'm sure when i get older i'll probably regret getting the 21SST. I'm planning to keep the new boat for a long time So i got the SDC.

15. Member
    Hyperflow I ordered mine last August and picked it up in January. It is a long wait but so worth it. It wont be as fast as your XD but the ride is amazing, still hits 90 so no slouch either.
    2021 Bullet SDC
    Mercury 300R

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sowenssw View Post
    I haven't been there in years either. I really appreciate your consideration. Did you go to school in Ponca? I graduated in 1984. I've lived in Ponca my entire life, great little town. Getting close to retiring, and my current Bullet is pushing 19 years old, so the wife says I better get a new one cause after I retire it won't be an option. So I think I better take her up on that....LOL
    no, lived there about a year, moved to Tulsa, grandmother lived on the corner of Oak and Chestnut, Uncle use to run the Otasco downtown, used to go to crazy days in the summer downtown and the races they had around the lake, fun times, graduated from Memorial in 81

17. Member
    no, lived there about a year, moved to Tulsa, grandmother lived on the corner of Oak and Chestnut, Uncle use to run the Otasco downtown, used to go to crazy days in the summer downtown and the races they had around the lake, fun times, graduated from Memorial in 81
    I remember the Otasco store on Grand. Always liked going in that store as a kid, had john boats, bicycles, fishing, it was paradise..lol I remember my parents always talking to the guy running the store, so they must of known him. The races were really cool. I always liked the crazy days because I would buy model cars at the "Hobby Shop" really cheap. I have a cabin on Lake Ponca now and I spend a good amount of time there. That lake has really become a good bass lake. Even has some good small mouth in it. Just a nice place to live so I never moved.

18. Member
    How BIG are the Smallmouth? I go up north every year to chase them around

19. Member
    How BIG are the Smallmouth? I go up north every year to chase them around
    They are not very big, 14" is a big small mouth for lake Ponca.