2010 X19 livewell overflow help

Just bought a 2010 x19. The livewell won't drain through the overflow hole. I can feel something about 2" down the overflow that feels like solid plastic. Took the hose off and the hole on the bottom is very small so we can't push anything up. Before we do something drastic and try to cut the tube on the outside of the livewell or something, is there anything I'm missing? I'm assuming something just got washed in there but hard to believe it would fit perfectly.

Also, can't find any recirculate switch or lever. Just the manual/auto switch on the dash. Am I missing that somewhere and would that have anything to do with the overflow? Appreciate any help.

2. Member
    Sounds like the maybe previous owner tried to plug the overflow with something a liitle too small.... i use a plug in mine when making runs with full livewells. No advice on how to get that out, access inside the well is horrible. Maybe try water pressure from the exit port?

My 2010 didn't have any recirc pumps either, I had to add my own.
    2010 Xpress X19 200 HPDI

3. Member
    Thanks Matt for the reply. Noticed today when we took the drain hose off that the hole in the outside of the livewell is about 1/8”. I’m thinking now that maybe they didn’t drill the plastic out after the live well was molded. Guess we are going to try to find a small drill and drill it out.

Recirc is N add on, not needed IMO. Just run pump on auto.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

And before you drill I would try to get ahold of a bore scope or drain camera to look up there. Mite be something that was floating in livewell and got stuck in the overflow.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115