Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Looking for an Electronics installer near Detroit area.

Hey guys,

Im looking for someone to swap out my Lowrance set up for some new Garmins and want it done right.
    Im still contemplating on where to mount the new transducer without adding more holes so hopefully a professional can do the full job on my Z520C.

I’m wondering if Bass Pro does work like this and are they trustworthy enough or do you guys know someone else?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Try Rob Kasjanski. Look him up on Facebook. He is very good. SE Michigan area.

Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    Hey guys,

Im looking for someone to swap out my Lowrance set up for some new Garmins and want it done right.
    Im still contemplating on where to mount the new transducer without adding more holes so hopefully a professional can do the full job on my Z520C.

I’m wondering if Bass Pro does work like this and are they trustworthy enough or do you guys know someone else?

Thanks!
    2015 Skeeter ZX250 with 2015 SHO 250hp
    12" Helix MSI at console linked with
    9" Helix MDI at bow
    52" 36v Ultrex
    (sold and I miss it)

Quote Originally Posted by Z21 Tom View Post
    Try Rob Kasjanski. Look him up on Facebook. He is very good. SE Michigan area.
    I can second Rob

Good guy knows his stuff
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Perfect, just messaged him on FB thanks guys!

Anybody else? I found a place called Imagine Electronics. Anybody use them before?

Perfect, just messaged him on FB thanks guys!

Anybody else? I found a place called Imagine Electronics. Anybody use them before?
    Try lockemans.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

I just installed a stereo. I can help
    0C9C0C90-9BEC-4708-B158-0684897213D9.jpeg
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Try lockemans.

thanks!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post

Haha I love spaghetti

10. Member
    *UPDATE*

Hopefully you guys can help me find an installer.

Last year I was looking, I contacted Rob like you guys suggested, met with him, great guy but wanted me to leave my boat at his friends house over night that had no security, I wasn’t comfortable with that so I moved on.

Contacted Lockemans, they don’t install anymore.

Found and used Imagine Electronics.
    They did the job but after calling a few weeks later about heavy voltage drops, the guy was impossible to get a hold of and when I did, he gave me attitude and blamed other things so I moved on and ignored the voltage drop problems.

This year found a place, seemed like a normal guy, made an appointment a month and a half ago. Owner told me to call back every week and maybe could get me in sooner. Every week I called and always told me he was busy which was fine. The day before my appointment I called to get an exact time and I was ignored for 3 days. My appointment past. Finally get a hold of him and he had attitude about why I couldn’t reach him and wants me to drop it off to look at it.
    I even sent him texts telling him if he’s busy I could give him more time because my issue wasn’t urgent and he still ignored me.

Im supposed to trust him right?

I mean wtf is going on here. Is this a common thing in Michigan for marine installers to be *******s and play games?
    Where is the professionalism, customer service etc?

I even got some helpful guys from the Garmin subforum to guide me on what to do if I did it myself. Problem is my amazing HOA told me I can’t even park my boat in the driveway. So where would I be able to do this?

So I’m hoping a fellow member can send me somewhere reliable where I won’t get dick’d around.
    Last edited by datbasstho; 05-31-2022 at 09:38 AM.

11. Member
    Have you tried Rose marine on M-29? A friend is have some electronics installed there and seems to be happy so far. He said Bill Jr. is doing the work. This is all I know and I’m just passing it along.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    Have you tried Rose marine on M-29? A friend is have some electronics installed there and seems to be happy so far. He said Bill Jr. is doing the work. This is all I know and I’m just passing it along.
    No I haven’t. I’ll give them a call on Monday.
    Appreciate it!

No I haven’t. I’ll give them a call on Monday.
    Appreciate it!
    Good luck, I took my boat there for a water pump change out. So about a week later, I went there to see if they looked at it yet-Never looked at it. So I picked it up and did it myself.

14. Member
    were in Michigan are you located

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Good luck, I took my boat there for a water pump change out. So about a week later, I went there to see if they looked at it yet-Never looked at it. So I picked it up and did it myself.
    Ah that sucks.
    So there’s no way they have time for me lol

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishing addiction View Post
    were in Michigan are you located
    Detroit metro area

17. Member
    Every time I've had work done in Michigan I've been screwed and had to have stuff fixed or redone so I have up looking for someone are here years ago. I've made appointments at HITEC Outdoors in Kentucky and SonarPros in Georgia and been very happy with both installs. Definitely worth the drive and time and just turned it into a mini fishing trip. Maybe there is someone closer that I haven't heard of but both those places do top notch work.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    Every time I've had work done in Michigan I've been screwed and had to have stuff fixed or redone so I have up looking for someone are here years ago. I've made appointments at HITEC Outdoors in Kentucky and SonarPros in Georgia and been very happy with both installs. Definitely worth the drive and time and just turned it into a mini fishing trip. Maybe there is someone closer that I haven't heard of but both those places do top notch work.
    Ok so it’s not just me or my luck.
    I put in Hitec’s address and it’s saying 8.5 hours from me. There’s no way I can make that happen.
    I would love to make it a trip but I can’t with my schedule.
    appreciate the help tho!

19. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Lake Drive Marine in Coldwater Michigan does an excellent job. They rig Chad Pipkins boat every year. I have been very happy with them.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichPhoenix77 View Post
    Lake Drive Marine in Coldwater Michigan does an excellent job. They rig Chad Pipkins boat every year. I have been very happy with them.
    I have never used their services but I have friends that have and they all say they have the best service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast