Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Garret at Montcalm marine
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichPhoenix77 View Post
    Lake Drive Marine in Coldwater Michigan does an excellent job. They rig Chad Pipkins boat every year. I have been very happy with them.
    Ah wish it was closer. Looks like 2.5 hours away. I wouldn’t be able to make time for that.
    Appreciate the help!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    This one looks like 2.5 hours away as well.

thanks for the suggestion!

4. Member
    I’ve seen his work first hand, all I can say is excellent!! My son called him on a Sunday his day off and he was more than willing to help.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    Ah wish it was closer. Looks like 2.5 hours away. I wouldn’t be able to make time for that.
    Appreciate the help!
    Confused as to why you can't make time? Anywhere you decide to go to have this done will more than likely have your boat for a couple weeks. Any reason you can't do the work yourself?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Confused as to why you can't make time? Anywhere you decide to go to have this done will more than likely have your boat for a couple weeks. Any reason you can't do the work yourself?
    Couple weeks to check some voltage drop? I mean I’m trying to book an appointment and hope they can tackle it within a couple days. I assumed that’s how things work here but I might be wrong.

I’ve had some members pm me instructions and were extremely helpful but I just don’t feel comfortable messing with it. I know something I would do would go wrong when it comes to electrical.
    Id rather have a professional take care of it.
    Not to mention my HOA tells me I can’t even park my boat in my driveway for 5 mins. No joke. I was warned many times. So doing some electrical where I store it would be inconvenient.

As for time, I have 3 kids under the age of 7 and I can barely keep up with their sports after school. I wouldn’t have the time to make a 5 hour trip twice and obviously because the issue isn’t that important. I can continue to fish but it gets annoying and im sure it’s affecting the images.

7. Member
    Couple weeks to check some voltage drop? I mean I’m trying to book an appointment and hope they can tackle it within a couple days. I assumed that’s how things work here but I might be wrong.

I’ve had some members pm me instructions and were extremely helpful but I just don’t feel comfortable messing with it. I know something I would do would go wrong when it comes to electrical.
    Id rather have a professional take care of it.
    Not to mention my HOA tells me I can’t even park my boat in my driveway for 5 mins. No joke. I was warned many times. So doing some electrical where I store it would be inconvenient.

As for time, I have 3 kids under the age of 7 and I can barely keep up with their sports after school. I wouldn’t have the time to make a 5 hour trip twice and obviously because the issue isn’t that important. I can continue to fish but it gets annoying and im sure it’s affecting the images.
    I apologize, I overlooked the part regarding your voltage drop issues. Hope ya find somebody to help you out.

8. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Appreciate the help!
    Heck I drive 2&1/2 hours to fish why not to get your electronics properly set up? It might be worth the extra drive.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

What graphs did you install and what exactly is your issue. Location? I would order and install a sea clear harness. I make my own and do my buddies stuff but the Sea Clear is the easiest

10. Member
    I apologize, I overlooked the part regarding your voltage drop issues. Hope ya find somebody to help you out.
    oh man, no need to apologize brother.
    Im sure any marina is backed up and keeping peoples boats for weeks so I understand what you were saying.

11. Member
    What graphs did you install and what exactly is your issue. Location? I would order and install a sea clear harness. I make my own and do my buddies stuff but the Sea Clear is the easiest
    I have 2 of Garmin Echomaps 126Sv, one at the bow and one at the console.
    Everything works great except when I run my live wells I get significant voltage drops on both units. 11V and lower. The alarm always goes off on them warning me.

Even when I turn the live wells off, it seems the voltage stays low for some reason.

I’m located near a Chesterfield.

12. Member
    I have 2 of Garmin Echomaps 126Sv, one at the bow and one at the console.
    Everything works great except when I run my live wells I get significant voltage drops on both units. 11V and lower. The alarm always goes off on them warning me.

Even when I turn the live wells off, it seems the voltage stays low for some reason.

I’m located near a Chesterfield.
    Have you reached out to coastline in Fairhaven? They are an authorized minnkota dealer and repair shop. I'm pretty sure they might be able to help you out with your voltage issues.

Size of battery? How old. I would check and compare voltage at the graph vs at the battery itself

14. Member
    Have you reached out to coastline in Fairhaven? They are an authorized minnkota dealer and repair shop. I'm pretty sure they might be able to help you out with your voltage issues.
    So crazy you said that.
    I was at cabelas today and the gentleman working the graph area gave me their info.
    I’m going to contact them Tuesday.

thanks!

15. Member
    Size of battery? How old. I would check and compare voltage at the graph vs at the battery itself

I don’t know the exact age, it came with the boat when I got it last year. The boat is a 2016.

here’s a pic:

16. Member
    Take 1BadAir’s advice and go with a Sea Clear harness. They are easy to install and comes with everything you need. You can run up to 4 Units at the bow and 4 at the console.I have 2 units at the bow plus the Ethernet box and the LVS 34 black box and 2 units at the console. Go on Sea Clears website and check their video out.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    Take 1BadAir’s advice and go with a Sea Clear harness. They are easy to install and comes with everything you need. You can run up to 4 Units at the bow and 4 at the console.I have 2 units at the bow plus the Ethernet box and the LVS 34 black box and 2 units at the console. Go on Sea Clears website and check their video out.
    It’s funny because I get people telling me to get the sea clear harness and then others who say it’s overpriced wires. Personally if I pay a little more and it works perfect, I would do it.

Ill wait to see what they say at Coastline and if they advise it, I’ll get it.

thanks for the help!

if you check the voltage at the battery and its way higher than at the graph then its a wiring issue. If they match or are close then its a battery issue

19. Member
    if you check the voltage at the battery and its way higher than at the graph then its a wiring issue. If they match or are close then its a battery issue
    ok perfect, I’ll check it the next time I’m out with it.
    thank you

20. Member
    It’s funny because I get people telling me to get the sea clear harness and then others who say it’s overpriced wires. Personally if I pay a little more and it works perfect, I would do it.

Ill wait to see what they say at Coastline and if they advise it, I’ll get it.

thanks for the help!
    I’ve had a repair done on my Ultrex there about 4 yrs ago. I would definitely go there for trolling motor issues but I’m not sure on wiring issues, didn’t know they did that.
    As far as the sea clear harness, yes you could do it a little cheaper but this is a quality made harness because I have one. My previous boat I re wired myself but I tried the sea clear this time with no regrets. There is no fuse block with the sea clear unlike regular wiring where most guys use a fuse block.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast