21 bass sport vs 21 pro sport

any difference in speed or rough water handling? The weight of the people is in a different place. Do rods fit in front storage compartments of a pro sport?

ProSport is faster.
    IMO the ride in rough water is better in my BasSport than it was in My old ProSport --- I figure simply because you set back a little farther.
    I can't tell much difference in the way it handles rough water, they both do a great job. I made a partial tube rack for my ProSport and could get a dozen rods inside but was a PIA to work with. It would handle 6 no problem.

I would agree, the big water ride is probably better in the bass sport vs the prosport. I do think you will stay dryer and warmer in a prosport. Living in minnesota that is a huge plus. Fishability hands down goes to the 2 seater and then the 2+2. The prosport for a tournament guy isn't great. I don't own one any more as a result of this. If I was buying new and was a fishing guy I wouldn't do it. If you want the space of a prosport to carry people buy the 2+2. It was my biggest complaint about the prosport.

In real world situations you would be hard pressed to notice a speed difference between any of the boats. It's 1 mph separating the entire fleet. Maybe 2mph. Since the prosport is the boat designed around sporting it tends to get pushed harder than the rest. Having spent years on the water with similar powered boats that all get pushed hard you won't see a huge difference on the water. I regularly tested my old boat against a 2+2 and 2 seater and we were all very close. The Prosport just ekes out the win every time. We did 5 wide this year at Jasper running over 200 miles. That was one Prosport, 2 bass sports, and 2 2+2's. 4 of the boats had 300r's and one a dbr 300XS. At the end of a 60 mile run you couldn't tell which boat went faster.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

4. Member
    I agree.