Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1990 201 Bow eye replacement

Hi all. I'm looking for help on where to buy a bow eye for the old champion. Got the old one out but can't quite find same one. It has the 2 bolts. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned

3. Member
    Yea I saw that one. Thanks. But not sure how the plate will do. The one with cast on it is more what I'm looking for. With how old one was indented in.n
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Banned

5. Banned

6. Member
    Thank you!

I'd contact BassCat. They have the best money can buy. If you get some POS made in China crap it's going to fail.

https://basscatstore.com/search.aspx?find=bow+eye

8. Pat Goff
    Second Matt.
    This is not a job you ever want to do twice.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    I'd contact BassCat. They have the best money can buy. If you get some POS made in China crap it's going to fail.

https://basscatstore.com/search.aspx?find=bow+eye
    Not the style the guy was looking for and that's not from China...lol Better change your transom bolts too because the ones on the 17 Caracal I sold were Chinese Crap and got replaced by real ones when I put the Powder coated Rapid Jack on that Bass Cat would not factory instal for me when I ordered the boat...I could go on about Chinese crap on a BCB or many others to be fair...but I don't think I'll buy another anytime soon anyhow.

The ones on your Caracal were not “Chinese crap” as we’ve only used USA Made EPCO Bow Eyes for the last four decades. EPCO is the gold standard for bow eyes and while they can fail due to fatigue, they were not what you stated.

http://www.epcomarineproducts.com/bo...nsile_test.php

No, Bass Cat does not use the Rapid Jack ratcheting system, they depend on the bolts for strength and adjustment ranges are not infinite nor the same on every plate due to the ratchet notches. We prefer the R&R manual with interlocking rails, and also in our 6 bolt pattern.

There is less Chinese crap on a BCB than any other bass boat. Though what do we know? Sure, with many items manufactured overseas today we are All subject to some components we don’t control. That is why we are all in this CoVid situation with manufacturing or parts on any product.

We have an Owners Board, at our .com, and your welcome to dispute this there.

BCB

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The ones on your Caracal were not “Chinese crap” as we’ve only used USA Made EPCO Bow Eyes for the last four decades. EPCO is the gold standard for bow eyes and while they can fail due to fatigue, they were not what you stated.

No, Bass Cat does not use the Rapid Jack ratcheting system, they depend on the bolts for strength and adjustment ranges are not infinite nor the same on every plate due to the ratchet notches. We prefer the R&R manual with interlocking rails, and also in our 6 bolt pattern.

There is less Chinese crap on a BCB than any other bass boat. Though what do we know? Sure, with many items manufactured overseas today we are All subject to some components we don’t control. That is why we are all in this CoVid situation with manufacturing or parts on any product.

BCB

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

BCB
    I was refering to the chinese crap transom bolts...I realy didn't care for the bow eye either since it had to be tightened many times including the day I bought it home...Rapid jack comes in a 6 bolt pattern...at least mine did...so now you can tell about how those 6 bolts I took out of that slidemaster were not chinese crap...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 190SCR View Post
    ...so now you can tell about how those 6 bolts I took out of that slidemaster were not chinese crap...
    Did they have a made in China stamp on them?

Even if they did, did you run them through any test to determine that they were indeed... "crap"?

14. Banned
    You want to run em...I'll send them to you if you pay shipping...that way you can test em chief!

We do run testing on the bolts and while we don’t buy direct from MFG., we do watch the quality. We have also randomly ran testing on the bolts and strengths. They aren’t just bought from the cheapest sources.

Obviously you have some feeling of being a bolt expert (and may be) on stainless and there are many grades, additives and metals qualities in stainless that effect both strength and corrosion resistance. We have done significant work on the topic and there is more to it than we have time for here. We also have never had a failure on those transom bolts, not one we know of.

By the tone of your offering the bolts for testing, and others comments, apparently you’ve taken this us as calling you out. Your post mentioned the Chinese bow eyes on your Caracal and our media scan alerted us to the mention of our brand in this post. That was calling us out on a topic we take great strides in buying high quality USA goods. You want to run a ratchet Jack plate, and that’s fine, you’re sold on it. We prefer a different retention and being dependent on more than just bolts for support. We have hydraulic plates we sell and we openly mention our preferences. We have also mentioned why we chose a Slidemaster with it’s locking rails.

We also know Ratchet Jack (Hydrodynamics) makes our bolt pattern, most just don’t have it handy. So, what grade and manufacture are the bolts in the side plate mounting on that plate? You are now dependent on just the shanks of those stainless bolts for shear loads, that’s all that retains the two aluminum angle plates from impacts and thats all those are dependent on. And as an FYI, we have tested the shear load on those 1/2” stainless bolts inside the last 24 months.

Sorry this thread turned to someone desiring to defend a position, though our competent structure we spend a lot of time on and when it’s inaccurately portrayed, we will set that course right.

Everyone have a great Fourth of July Holiday!

BCB

16. Banned
    All that response tells me is they were Chinese crap and you know it ...There's no need to go into all the other stuff that had to be repaired or installed from day one...leaked from day one...wiring harness full of water from day one...vault axle end not even seated and leaking day one...trailer post welded about an inch father back than it should of been so the rear straps hit the transom from day one...top of the line cover that fit miserably tight from day one...just so others know your not the best...yeah never writing a check for another one and no need to respond because I could care less about your b.s.

You should fix the op bow eye for him...show him how great you are!

Jesus!

I feel lime I'm watching that movie... what's it called? with Adam Sandler and Jack?
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Jesus!

I feel lime I'm watching that movie... what's it called? with Adam Sandler and Jack?
    That's the internet for ya...just giving a guy some options to replace his bow eye and then they want to talk about chinese crap so I gave them my opion about Chinese crap and bam this guy from BCB chimes in with BS for fan boys and there ya have it.

Yep, you just don’t like anything from China and we get that. Unfortunately there are often not a lot of options. We honestly don’t believe the bolts were made in China. The specs and standard we do care about and we try to buy USA all we can.

moving on...

sorry for the sidetrack Jason Clark.

BCB

20. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    So are you saying that the "Ratchet Jack" (Rapid jack) plates aren't worth a flip?
    We also know Ratchet Jack (Hydrodynamics) makes our bolt pattern, most just don’t have it handy. So, what grade and manufacture are the bolts in the side plate mounting on that plate? You are now dependent on just the shanks of those stainless bolts for shear loads, that’s all that retains the two aluminum angle plates from impacts and thats all those are dependent on. And as an FYI, we have tested the shear load on those 1/2” stainless bolts inside the last 24 months.

I'm very surprised by this comment and the previous one you posted also

I'm sure that Steve would love to hear your comments. I've run a Rapid Jack plate for over 20 years and have never had an issue with either the plate or their adjustment system. 1/4" turn is the exact adjustment 1/4" up/down.

Not cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast