Thread: Clinton lake

Clinton lake

Thinking about doing Clinton for a weekend here coming up. Anything I need to be aware of before I go?

Is Clinton a grass lake? Is the summertime fishing decent?

2. Member
    Due to flooding, DNR has shut down the boat ramps and the Marina has shut down as well…I’d make sure things are open before you plan your trip.
    There’s some grass, fishing is good and boat traffic is high
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

3. Member
    I seen they were closing things down! I’ll be in the northern party do the state for a week with work so hopefully things are getting close to normal when I get home and can make the trip! Thanks!

I'll keep y'all posted on the closure. I spoke to one of the local CPO's a the gas station a couple hours ago and he said that it appears to have finally created and that barring any more significant rain, the water level should receed enough in the next few days to open the ramps back up. The lake was fish'n really good this past week prior to the rain, so I'm anxious to get back out there and catch some "parking lot" fish once the open it back up.