Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    has anybody ever actually seen a bitcoin??

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing!

4. Banned
    There are a lot of people that think they own gold, too. Most have only seen the certificate that states they do.

Going to be interesting to see what, if any, effect it has on Bitcoin's value.

6. Banned

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    There are a lot of people that think they own gold, too. Most have only seen the certificate that states they do.
    Yeah but there is actual gold. You can physically touch it. Bitcoin is as real as a unicorn

8. Banned
    You can buy physical bitcoins. They're address encoded physical coins that are self funded. Meaning you buy the coin, unlock the address and transfer bitcoin to it. Those bitcoin are essentially now in "cold storage".

The Bernie Madoff of crypto.

10. Member
    Suckers

I've never gone to the bank to ask to see my physical money that's in my account. I own stocks according to my electronics record on my online account, but I've never seen any physical evidence that I really own stock. It's not just crypto that's digital.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by E-rude_Dude View Post
    Suckers

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Yea it doubles as dui chip and a round tuit

is this like the invisible statue the guy sold from Italy? how do you steal something that you cant produce?
    Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I've never gone to the bank to ask to see my physical money that's in my account. I own stocks according to my electronics record on my online account, but I've never seen any physical evidence that I really own stock. It's not just crypto that's digital.
    This

16. Member
    This is so common in the bit coin world these days it has a name, Exit Scam. People raising a bunch of money then disappearing, some have even faked their death. A pretty large situation went down in Canada semi recently too with the owner of the largest Bitcoin exchange in their country. I don’t think it was 3.6 billion though. Couple hundred million if I remember correctly.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    The difference is Crypto is not treated as an equal form of currency. Can't buy groceries, a house, boat, fishing tackle, etc. with Crypto. World banks and governments set currencies, they don't want the status quo to be challenged, that's why I don't think Crypto will ever be legit, or on the same playing field with the dollar.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    The difference is Crypto is not treated as an equal form of currency. Can't buy groceries, a house, boat, fishing tackle, etc. with Crypto. World banks and governments set currencies, they don't want the status quo to be challenged, that's why I don't think Crypto will ever be legit, or on the same playing field with the dollar.
    A couple countries have already adopted Bitcoin as a currency, or their official currency. A lot of retailers accept crypto. It's a lot more accepted than you think.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    A couple countries have already adopted Bitcoin as a currency, or their official currency. A lot of retailers accept crypto. It's a lot more accepted than you think.
    A couple of countries Might! But I doubt that every place of business within those couple of countries do

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    A couple of countries Might! But I doubt that every place of business within those couple of countries do
    One world currency is coming, it's happening incrementally in baby steps but it's happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast