Thru Hull Transducer on 97 Cobra 201D

I have researched the Cobra threads and found a few things but still not sure the best spot for installing a thru-hull transducer. Is the thickness of the hull too much in the bilge? If you put it somewhere between the two consoles underneath the floor drain will that be too far forward to make readings at speed? I was planning on using the Garmin GT15 in hull which is a very large 2D transducer but it has a lot of power. Any recommendations from you guys that have been able to get readings at fairly high speeds? Man that bilge is crowded.......
    Last edited by mac18; 06-26-2021 at 05:37 PM. Reason: clarification

My factory installed flashers puck is in the bilge, works fine at high speed. I also had a Garmin unit way back when and I put that puck in the bilge too and it worked fine.

Tom

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    My factory installed flashers puck is in the bilge, works fine at high speed. I also had a Garmin unit way back when and I put that puck in the bilge too and it worked fine.

Tom
    Thanks that is good to know. That the way I am leaning

4. Member
    Bilge area is fine. Just keep pressure on ducer till apoxy is dry.
    JEFF
    TALBOTT,TN
    VIPER COBRA 201
    Mercury pro xs

5. Member
    Well here it is installed, will get to test next week. Not a whole lot of room down in that bilge!
    IMG_2420.jpg

6. Member
    you got that right!

7. Member
    I finally got to test the Garmin GT-15 in hull on the water and was pretty happy with its performance. I only tested it up to 50 mph but it managed to hold the bottom quite well. Thanks again to the people on this board for your input.