Motorguide Tour Pro and Interference

I know interference is a big issue with this motor and I'm trying everything to fix it on my rig. I'm not running a 360 but I am using the internal transducer on the motor. I was really hoping that alone would've kept the noise down.
    Current graph on the bow is a Helix 9 G2n. So far I've moved the wiring from the panel at the bow to direct hookup to the battery and moved the ethernet box out of the bow as well. I've added ferrite to each cable of the unit and it's still a problem.

The only other thing I can see is how the wires come out of the foot pedal. Everything comes out of the same spot on the pedal and there is no way to address it.

Anyone have any luck taming this problem? The motor is great otherwise and anchor mode is better than the Ulterra I had.

2. Banned
    I had an Xi5 that gave me interference on it's internal transducer and any external transducer. Tried absolutely everything and eventually gave up. When I got my Tour pro I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Just a tiny bit of noise. And I cleared that up by running a small jumper from the trolling motor negative battery post to the cranking battery negative. Worked awesome for me. Just be sure to put in a small inline fuse.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake T View Post
    I had an Xi5 that gave me interference on it's internal transducer and any external transducer. Tried absolutely everything and eventually gave up. When I got my Tour pro I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. Just a tiny bit of noise. And I cleared that up by running a small jumper from the trolling motor negative battery post to the cranking battery negative. Worked awesome for me. Just be sure to put in a small inline fuse.
    I am having interference issues with the new Tour and hummingbird helix 10 as well, question is does it matter from which trolling motor battery on a 24 volt system you run a jumper to the starting battery?

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 96 Champ View Post
    I am having interference issues with the new Tour and hummingbird helix 10 as well, question is does it matter from which trolling motor battery on a 24 volt system you run a jumper to the starting battery?
    The battery with the negative lead only.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Jake T or Catfan, can you post a picture? I may try this although I don't have much interference to complain about.
    Last edited by Johnnyred; 09-27-2021 at 07:43 AM.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

6. Member
    I thought the new brushless motors were supposed to prevent interference.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I thought the new brushless motors were supposed to prevent interference.
    The new Tour Pro is not brushless.

Tom

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    The new Tour Pro is not brushless.

Tom
    Ok. Shows how much I know about MG . Not being brushless would be a deal breaker for me on my next troller. For two years now I have just learned to live with interference on my Birds after trying numerous solutions.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    Dragging this one back up. Still dealing with the interference issue. Tried the battery jumper, didn't work. Installed new wiring from the battery to the electronics, still didn't work.
    Spent the good portion of the night trying different configurations (including disconnecting the transducer) and still getting it.
    Is this issue just with Humminbirds? Anyone else having the same issue with other brands and this motor?

10. Member
    I get interference using my internal transducer for 2D on my Echomap. I really don't mind though as I almost never use it. I am using Livescope almost exclusively.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

11. Member
    Always run your troll motor jump start system from the neg to the second troll motor battery. That is the battery with the negative wire for the troll motor. Also make sure if you have a jump start switch that is in the normal position and not the position for jump start.