Bass boat / saltwater

This is not the typical “can I use my bass boat in saltwater” thread.

My question is, are there any boat manufacturers that make a bass boat that can 100% be used in saltwater? I’m talking bass boat layout, but with all stainless hardware, aluminum trailer, all wiring saltwater friendly, etc.

If not a specific brand/model, has anyone custom ordered a boat like this?

My dream boat is a fiberglass bass boat, all seadek, rigged properly to withstand salt.

I know vexus and xpress can be had with seadek and aluminum trailer (although I’m unsure if the rigging is any different throughout the boat), but I would prefer fiberglass.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

There was the Ranger Z521 Intracoastal and Legend V21i (I think?), but I don't think either are made anymore. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head that are glass boats. I know I'd love to have either one. I absolutely love fishing inshore too and would love to have something like that that could do both.

3. Member
    I live in coastal SC, about 45 minutes from Santee Cooper. I love bass fishing and fishing saltwater. Twelve or so years ago, I bought a 1999 Triton TX21. This boat has non-skid decks, which I added Seadek to, as well as upgrading everything possible to withstand the saltwater environment. Unfortunately Triton no longer makes this model. The only boat that has ever slightly caught my interest is the Express boats.

4. Member
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

5. Member
    Thanks so far everyone. The boat in the link is cc and aluminum.

I knew about the old intercostal boat from ranger but wish there was something new out there.

I know there are a lot of custom skiff builders in Florida. Surely someone is making a bass boat like this.

How about a Bullet 22SF

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Wormy View Post
    How about a Bullet 22SF

now that is badass

8. Member
    Big O sets their boats up like that.

inter coastal versions in a few brands and x-press makes saltwater capable aluminum boats.

If we ever moved to FL, I'd own an x-press probably the first day

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Big O sets their boats up like that.
    This is the first thing that came to mind, they look very good. http://www.bigoboats.com/

Collins in Smithfield NC has a 2021 Ranger 521L Intracoastal in stock. I would guess it is going to be $90K+
    I was given the green light if I wanted it. I fish salt, brackish, fresh and had a Ranger 518 Intracoastal. But I am mentally more comfortable in my tin. Don't have to worry about Oyster Bed Rubs, banging into docks, River Slime, ...
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

12. Member
    I believe Storm boats builds a boat that can be used in fresh and salt water.

13. Member
    Falcon has one also i believe.
    2000 Ranger R91I
    2017 Mercury 200 Pro XS SN:2B360040

14. Member
    I saw one of those Big O boats at the ramp in Florida, first boat in a long time that made me go over and check it out, it was really cool looking!

15. Member
    I think they’ve all tried the coastal models. Not enough demand..triton had one, champion, skeeter…. I think I remember a nitro carpet free coastal model.. Ranger kinda stuck with it..

big o or storm does them on a regular basis..

bassboats don’t have enough freeboard to really do full on saltwater as saltwater bays can get pretty choppy.. wiring is the big thing..hinges and latches, trolling motor, all the little pieces and parts/hardware that you wouldn’t normally think of need to be stainless.. Rusty screws will show up quick and be an eyesore if not stainless.. and don’t forget the trailer.. has to be aluminum to even ride past and look at saltwater..

my galvanized trailer for my lil aluminum boat rotted out thru and thru in about 6 years just living near saltwater, launching in barely brackish water on a regular basis..

16. Member
    I was looking the same when i got my boat.. i ended up coming across a yellowfin 21 hybrid that a lawyer had sitting in his heated garage with 14 hrs on it.. i couldnt turn it down for the price i got it for.. i bassfish 98% and was hesitant due to the center console and getting away from a bass boat but it doesnt bother me one bit.. storage, deck space is huge.. a lot better for the dog, kids and wife too room wise.. tournament fish out of it.. i think ive had it in the salt twice in 3 years haha but it is nice to be able to take it there if i decide too.. and i love it even more when its blowing out, she rides like a dream and still runs mid-upper 60s... sits just a tad bit higher then a bass boat.. hate they quit making them .. maybe a good used out for sale
    Last edited by basshammerwannabe; 06-16-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Yellowfin hybrid is awesome. Very expensive now.

How about a Shearwater x22, Majek Extreme or Haynie. Shallow redfish boats might be the ticket.

18. Member
    yeah if it wouldnt of been for it being a 2017 with 14 hrs on it and price i was able to get it for i would of never got a yellowfin.. i accidentally came across it too, it was like it was meant to be haha..i thought they quit making them but went to website and it showed one? maybe have to have it custom ordered... yeah i cant believe more guys that fish big lakes up north or even lakes like sam rayburn down south dont fish more out of those type boats.. theres times on kerr lake/buggs island i wish i had a bigger boat ha..

19. Member
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB