Thread: Falls lake

Falls lake

Havent been to falls in almost 20 years but planning on going next week. planning on fishing old roadbeds and points with c-rig like we used to if i can find some of those spots again. anything else worth trying? thanks

2. Banned
    Don’t expect it to be the way you left it. There is a lot of water willow on the upper end of the lake now that probably wasn’t there the last time you fished it. Your strategy should be okay, but it is a lot tougher than it used to be sadly enough. If you catch more than 5 consider yourself blessed.

3. Member
    will be putting in at barton creek ramp and probably fish from there toward the damn. hopefully can run across a few.

4. Member
    You will be surprised by the amount of boat traffic especially on that portion of the lake

5. Member
    made the trip yesterday and it was a challenge for sure. caught a few earlier on on rock wall on shakey head. once it warmed up tried to go offshore and tried some long points. road over every old roadbed that was showing on my map but didnt really locate any fish on them like i was hoping. found a couple of small schools with active target but only manage to catch 1 fish each time out of them. rode around trying to find a old place we used to catch them really good but couldnt find it, it was an old road bed but i'm not sure if it was marked on mapping or not. last time i was there didnt know anything about a gps unit. about lunch looks like the it gets taken over by tubers, was hoping on a tuesday it wouldnt be that bad.

Bummer it got busy mid week. I’ve been going on Wednesdays and it has felt like my own private lake.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    did you have any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    did you have any luck?
    I always have luck, just not always good. LOL. I haven’t caught much for numbes but I’ve caught some 5-7 pounders. I’m scouting new areas of the lake that I have never fished before so I am spending a lot of time idling and graphing.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Banned
    Sounds like me. I would rather be lucky than good anyway. Caught a 10 pounder about a week ago but the guy fishing with me caught a dozen 4 to 5 1/2 pound fish.

10. Member
    ^^^From Falls?

11. Banned
    No, we were down east.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster27012 View Post
    Havent been to falls in almost 20 years but planning on going next week. planning on fishing old roadbeds and points with c-rig like we used to if i can find some of those spots again. anything else worth trying? thanks
    Fished with my club on Falls for a weekend in early May and really enjoyed it. Tons of bass anglers but little boat traffic otherwise. I'm sure it is busy during the summer but has to be better than Smith Mountain Lake this time of year.