Not there yet....

Sold my Gamblerand have my 1980cc ordered. It was time for a change. I think it was the right one.

Welcome to the club.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    I’m looking at the same boat. What engine did you choose? Post pics when she arrives!

4. Member
    150L Pro XS. Talked to Vexus yesterday ...said will be built next month. No actual build date yet. I'm not good at waiting.

5. Member
    Nice, yep these next several weeks will surely go by slowww! I haven’t seen one in person but looks like a sweet boat. I’m looking for a bass/inshore rig and out of everything it seems to be the best one besides the Ranger RB190.

6. Member
    I actually looked at one in Newcastle, Ca. when my kid was picking up his boat after servicing. The same boat made its way to Modesto, same dealer, and I crawled all over it. It was a 2020 model. I needed to sell my Gambler before I could get a new boat. Boat sold before mine did. Boat ordered is a 2022 according to the P.O.. It's gonna be fun.

7. Member
    Awesome, congrats! Sounds like you went through C&C. I lived half my life in the bay area and have always enjoyed a 50/50 split of fresh and saltwater fishing. A good friend of mine near Stockton owns a Ranger RB190 which works GREAT for bass fishing and he launches on SF Bay and even Monterey sometimes. I was just out there in April and we took it up to Don Pedro and to the Delta. That boat does interest me, but the Vexus looks a little sexier, has better options, and I don't want the same boat as him...hah!

8. Member
    dumped my phoenix for a 2180cc. much nicer to take the kids out and sill flies

9. Member
    I'd have gone with the 2180 but I'm really trying to downsize alittle. With the 1980 I'm not losing much compared to my Gambler, except 150 fewer horses The Vexus will be easier to maneuver into the barn by myself, easier in and out of the driver's seat....I'll be standing up I loved my Gambler but it was time to get real.

10. Member
    I've always really liked 17-19' boats myself. I also much prefer driving from the center of a boat and having a higher position while driving. I feel much more confident reading waves, navigating shallow water, and just being able to anticipate things better. My last boat was a Champion 187 which was awesome but I just never felt comfortable at the helm seated so low to the water and to the side. My previous 2 boats before that were both cc's.

11. Member
    Yup. Before the Gambler it was a Champion 19'...probably the best riding boat I've been in. I fish alot of really shallow water...standing will really allow a better view. Can't wait!