Question TRITON BOAT COVER ?

Hi all I have a 2014 Triton 21 XS and bought the cover new when I bought the boat. My question is do any of you travel with the cover on? And if you do are there any issue’s or problems you can tell me about.
    I had one prior boat by another company and when traveling with the cover on, it would rub on the fiberglass and leave scuff marks.
    Any replies would be great
    Thanks
    2014 Triton 21 XS
    250 Mercury Pro XS
    Bravo 1 XS 26 P 4 Blade
    Dual Power Pole 10' Blade
    Humminbird 1198, 998, 360
    HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N, HELIX 12 CHIRP DI GPS G2N

2. Member
    Don't travel with it on unless you expect to drive through a rainstorm or something. Not only does leaving the cover on decrease your mileage, it COULD scuff your fiberglass but It could also wear out your cover faster.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

3. Banned
    If you're worried about scuffs go get a roll of packing wrap. That saran wrap plastic used for bundling pallets. Go around your boat at the rub rail a couple times before putting the cover on.

Outside of that, your 2014 factory cover should be Attwood, like mine. I've traveled all over with the cover on. No scuffs on my gel. Just make sure that cover is tight tight.

But, I generally don't have the cover on unless it's raining or I'm anticipating rain while traveling. It tends to "pillow up" at the console and create drag.

4. Member
    My cover doesn’t scuff my gel coat….but I travel w/ out it because it blocks my rearview vision too much.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    First time I towed with mine on the belly straps rubbed on the gel coat and left marks, since then I will put towels in between straps and boat but it's a pain in the ass, prefer to not tow with it on.

6. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    I have an Attwood, but do not consider it a quality traveling cover. It is too loose.

I've had factory travel covers for my Skeeter, Ranger and now my Triton.....never had any scuffing problems. I have driven 2500 miles round trip several times and never an issue. Provides extra security for tackle and equipment and keeps clean from road dirt. Properly fitted and tied down and there you go!
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA