Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    All at least they tried to revive .

I've lost all faith in the CO's and local DNR office. I'll pick on Indiana because this was the latest example and they are the usual suspects. They come in with 3,4 maybe five fish most your cookie cutter 2.5 / 3 lb smallie and there are 20-30 floaters and most of them are coming out of the live well that way. They just toss them in and walk away.

The attendant knew they weren't registered, they should have had a CO there to write tickets. These are the a$$ hats I wish would just stay home, no respect at all.
    I hate to generalize and pick on 1 state, but I've had the same experience for many years.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Yea they admitted they had issues in the release process and was also not ready for all the fish that needed to be fizzed

They had a guy standing waist deep in the lake for two hours fizzing fish and trying his best to revive fish

Didn't help that it was 90 plus degrees out

They have already said they will be much more prepared for next year
    They should've been prepared this year. Its not like summer conditions or smallmouth care practices have changed. This was a big tournament put on by a very reputable tackle shop that is deeply connected to tournament bass fishing. If you can't properly conduct ALL aspects of a tournament, don't do it. I'm aware that our fishing license and state regulations allow an angler to to keep and kill fish, but as tournament anglers we should do whatever it takes to protect the fishery; tournament directors and tournament trails should have fish care at the top of their list at all times.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    They should've been prepared this year. Its not like summer conditions or smallmouth care practices have changed. This was a big tournament put on by a very reputable tackle shop that is deeply connected to tournament bass fishing. If you can't properly conduct ALL aspects of a tournament, don't do it. I'm aware that our fishing license and state regulations allow an angler to to keep and kill fish, but as tournament anglers we should do whatever it takes to protect the fishery; tournament directors and tournament trails should have fish care at the top of their list at all times.
    We’re allowed to keep but not dump dead fish back into the systems that is a ticket-able offense of wanton waste. I do realize that some die after they’re released but I’ve watched anglers dump dead fish back in the water which is against regs.
    Last edited by MI bassassassin; 07-31-2021 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Added info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12