Here is a tournament rule I did not know.

Was a Marshal at the MLF Potomac River event last week and one of the pros was targeting shallow wood with a jig.  He eventually got hung up, laid the rod down. picked up another one and fished the wood more before TM in to get the snag.  He said that was OK under the rules and I did not argue.  He had some success with that pattern for 11-12 #s.  Saw the TD Daniel Fennel in the parking lot later and ask about the rule, and he clarified that you are fishing with a rod, reel setup if it is in your hands. First time as a Marshal and all went fine; except getting up at 3:30 am 3 days in a row to be at the ramp area at 5:30 am.  Took 4th day off as it was Father's day and they probably didn't need a first time rookie for 10 fishermen.

They can have 2 lines in at once, but there is a limit to how many times they can do it.

3. Member
    What is nbsp??

Thats a bunch of BS. With those rules you could go to the grass beds and throw out several Senkos on different rods and let them soak. Pick one up at a time to move it a bit and on around the boat you go.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Wrong. Lure must be hung down. ONE additional rod only.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    What is nbsp??
    My head hurts trying to figure it out.

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    What is nbsp??
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    What is nbsp??
    Non-Breaking Space....html code for a space between two words.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

If I get hung up on my first pitch into visible cover I'll ALWAYS grab another rod and finish fish'n that piece of cover prior to going in to get my bait and blowing it all to s#$t with prop wash. Ive always done this and everyone Ove ever fished around has done this...I guess I dont understand what the issue is??

10. Member
    Good to know. Don't know how many times I have hung up on a good spot and ruined it by having to get a lure off it.

11. Member
    No
    Bull
    Shih
    People!

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    Good to know. Don't know how many times I have hung up on a good spot and ruined it by having to get a lure off it.
    This is the issue. I always blow out the area by getting my lure thinking picking up another rod puts 2 lines in the water. Makes sense though, finally some common sense!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Member
    It's legal in BASS Elite but the hung lure must be out of the water.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    It's legal in BASS Elite but the hung lure must be out of the water.
    That makes more sense

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Thats a bunch of BS. With those rules you could go to the grass beds and throw out several Senkos on different rods and let them soak. Pick one up at a time to move it a bit and on around the boat you go.
    Yeah... you can't do that

16. Member
    That rule may be an MLF rule but not all tourney organizations have the same rule. In Bassmaster events through 2019 you cannot cast a second rod it the first is hung in the water. I have not read the rules for 2020 but will read the rules before Nov 2021 Top 6 for sure.
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    These Professional Bass Fishing Rules are sure complicated glad we have some experts on the BBC to interpret them like the experts do in Professional Golf.

18. Member
    I think there is a penalty after the allowed times. I don’t think they can do it over and over without penalty.
    Praying for a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    I think there is a penalty after the allowed times. I don’t think they can do it over and over without penalty.
    That's for the MLF circuit most likely different rules for the Tackle Warehouse Circuit.