using livescope beating the banks

if you are going down the bank boat in 5 foot water flippin into bushes in 2 to three feet deep will livescope pick up fish so you are not casting to non productive shallow brush

2. Member
    In theory, yes but you spend a lot of time trying to view a spot, you're more efficient just sending a cast. For as good as LS is, if there is a bass hugging a log, you're not going to see him so to use LS to eliminate a spot could have you missing out on some good fish.

I have found that when fishing this method, I'll point the LS 30-45 degrees forward. My intent is not to eliminate spots but to make sure that I am not missing out on some fish.

3. Member
    Livescope will not shine in this situation. It's much better off shore IMO. It's even better on the ice, but you're a bit south for that! :)

4. Member
    For me when I'm fishing the bank I leave it off and its a nice break from looking at that screen all the time I can just fish and cover water

5. Member
    What if there are sparse or no weeds? I would think with limited cover you would be able to see fish activity so you could concentrate on those spots. No? Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    What if there are sparse or no weeds? I would think with limited cover you would be able to see fish activity so you could concentrate on those spots. No? Bob
    Sure, or in the spring you will find rocks the size of baseballs that will hold fish, and those will be extra fish.

Or if your pulling the boat out from the bank because the wind is blowing in, you may see cruisers deeper than your fishing and that can help you figure out the pattern or random wood on the deep side. I caught the largest fish in North America this way For real though you don't need to watch your lure all day, seeing bottom composition changes where ever it's pointed can help too.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I will never beat the bank again 2000 cast for 3 fish ain’t happening.I’ll find fish and than cast .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I will never beat the bank again 2000 cast for 3 fish ain’t happening.I’ll find fish and than cast .
    ^^^^^^ thats what im talkn bout right there ^^^^^ reason i bought one too no more practice casting practice catching
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    Totally agree ^ I can feel a drop shot rig, and down vu happening soon, it mixes things up, and at a better pace too.

When I am fishing a bank I point the LS away from the bank and will make casts to structure, bait, or fish on the deep water side of the boat that I would have missed when fishing the bank pre-LS.
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

11. Member
    ^^^^ + 1 another advantage to NON trolling mtr mounted scope , sees where your not headed
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

I am relatively new to the LiveScope but read enough prior to purchasing to believe that a trolling motor mounted transducer would not work for me so I built a remote controlled transducer pole.
    I have noted that when moving down a bank, the trolling motor is seldom pointed in the direction I am casting so the freedom to point the transducer independently is a plus.
    I also noticed that I discover more fish and structure off the bank and move into deeper water.
    when fishing around trees, docks or other visible structure in less than 10 ft of water, I prefer Perspective mode to get a broader view.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching