Thread: UPS?

UPS?

Wondering if anybody has run into this situation with UPS. I have a package where the shipper says it was shipped and provided a tracking number. If I look at the tracking, all is says is "Label Created" on 6/9 (2 weeks ago). Nothing else. I called the shipper and they say it was shipped. I tried to contact UPS and got an automated system. I provided the tracking number and the system said it hasn't shipped, goodbye! Tried to submit a claim online with UPS. Their system says it wasn't picked up so I must contact the shipper.

Running around in circles!

Perry Haas / Shillington, PA
    \'99 TR20 / Merc 200 EFI

2. Member
    I would contact your credit card company and report it

or if you paid through paypal report it to them

3. Member
    It is a new Router/Modem from Comcast. No charge!

\'99 TR20 / Merc 200 EFI

I bet Comcast created a label and their shipping dept applied the label so their system says shipped, But for what ever reason it was never picked up by UPS. I have seen that before. UPS scans EVERY label at pickup so if they put hands on it their system immediately says they have it.

5. Member
    Sounds like it never got shipped out. Pm me the tracking # and ill look into it for you. (I been here at ups handling customer concerns for over 26yrs ) not tryin to scam ya. Lol

100% sure it is not a UPS issue. Sellers are using that to hold your money. We have gone though these issues with some clothing sales and auto parts sales. Yes, if it applies, contact your CC company. In the OP's case, contact Comcast.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Another possibility is that the seller uses multi scan forms for tracking numbers

They give the postal carrier a single scan that has all the packages in a bundle this way the carrier doesn’t have to scan each package

I have seen the post office sit on these for days before actually scanning each individual package as they leave for their destination and it makes it look as if the package hasn’t shipped yet

Second possibility is your order never made it into that bundle

Either way the seller is responsible to get you what you paid for
    If you feel you have waited long enough ask for a refund
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    I ship UPS daily (daily pickup) and have been having the same thing happen quite a bit where it has been picked up, but doesn't show scanned.
    They use to scan the packages as they were picking them up, but due to lack of drivers and time they are waiting to scan them once they get to the terminal.
    It took 3 days after shipment on my last one to show in the tracking system.
    2016 Phoenix 618 Pro / Mercury 175 Pro XS

9. Member
    It should have 3 scans before it ever leaves any facility. Pick up, origin, and destination. No matter what if a scan got missed somewhere, the other 2 would show. If it doesnt show, all they did was create the shipment, but not physically ship the pkg yet.

10. Member
    PM sent.

\'99 TR20 / Merc 200 EFI

11. Banned
    Either it hasn't shipped, or

UPS lost it before it got the first "center".

We ship packages daily. Create the label at noon, driver picks up at 3:00, arrives at sorting center at 7:00. When tracked, it says label created but "UPS NOT in Possession" until its scanned at the center.
    Its complete BS because the driver picked it up at 3:00. I suspect its leaves UPS an out if its stolen off the truck or whatever. They dont claim possession until its "in the building".

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    100% sure it is not a UPS issue. Sellers are using that to hold your money. We have gone though these issues with some clothing sales and auto parts sales. Yes, if it applies, contact your CC company. In the OP's case, contact Comcast.
    Spot on there.!!

13. Moderator
    It means they have printed the label but UPS hasn't picked it up to scan it into the system yet. They are lying to you or lost the package before UPS actually had it in their possession.

14. Member
    Bait and switch. They shipped you package. UPS took it to the post office. It is on the slow boat to you. It is a money saving deal.