Ideas on places to bass fish around Michigan City

We are going to Michigan City for a few days for vacation. I am looking for a few places close to Michigan City to take my kids to to bass fish. We are taking our boat and I would like to fish lakes and not rivers. I don't mind driving a little ways but I would really like to stay close to Michigan City. Thank You Chris

La Porte is about 15 min away from MC and has Pine and Stone lakes They are connected by a channel. Stone has a free launch and 2 ramps. Stone is 10mph and Pine is wide open. There is also clear lake , its 10 mph. Lake Michigan has a healthy bass population of both largemouth and smallmouth. There are launches but you will havta pay. If you need anything let me know.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

3. Member
    Thank you for the information. I think we are going try pine and stone lake today.

4. Member
    Water looks really clear based on the photos I am seeing. Let us know how you do.
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

5. Member
    We fished both lakes today and did not do very well. 2 small bass and 1 crappie. I am not sure if it was conditions, what we were using, or just us. I rained most of the time and the wind was really blowing hard.
    Yes the lake is very clear, shallow in most places and very weedy. Very nice kake though.
    Not a good day of fishing but at least we got to fish.

Ya the fishing isn't the best here in Indiana. Pine is heavily fished and is usually full of boats and jet skis on the weekend.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

St joe river would be a option, most people go from Maggie’s landing.

8. Member
    We fished there 2 years ago and did pretty good. Going there worries me right now with all the downpours we have been having. 2 inch rains in a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by csp View Post
    We fished there 2 years ago and did pretty good. Going there worries me right now with all the downpours we have been having. 2 inch rains in a short time.
    They have all the dam gates open below Maggies landing right now. I don't know what the water looks like above the dam but below it's high, fast and muddy.