Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Is that supposed to be a good deal?
    Yeah, they retail for $430.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 22RangerZ520R View Post
    Yeah, they retail for $430.
    Sounds like double the price of what they should be. But if it costs more it must be better right?

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Sounds like double the price of what they should be. But if it costs more it must be better right?
    Generally speaking, yes.

There's a reason a Lamborghini costs more than a Kia.....

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

4. Member
    Generally speaking, yes.

There's a reason a Lamborghini costs more than a Kia.....
    Yeah one of them costs way more to buy, maintain, and brakes down more often. As far as batteries go what makes those twice as good as ones that cost half that price or even less?

5. Member
    I’ve had the everstarts last 8 years once & 6 the last time. They’ve been great batteries for me. That figures up to a dollar or so a a month so I’m good.

6. Member
    Why shouldn't I use AGM on old stator motors?

The rectifier brings the voltage down to 14.6v or so, which I have heard is high for the agms, bit I don't understand it.

I've got the x2 power on my 2000ox66.

7. Member
    Nothing wrong with a flooded battery, most never check the levels anyway. When was the last time you checked the levels in your car/truck? If the charging system is good it will not boil the electrolyte out. if the charging system messes up with the AGM they are cooked. with a flooded more often than not a simple topping off will get you by. I install solar systems and batteries. AGM's are a tough sell unless they are mounted in a unusual place, orientation or not easily accessible. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

ill stick with a NAPA wet cell and swap it out every couple of years rather than hope it lasts 5. Checking water in a battery is a couple minute job a couple times a year

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    ill stick with a NAPA wet cell and swap it out every couple of years rather than hope it lasts 5. Checking water in a battery is a couple minute job a couple times a year
    Depends on the boat. Mine requires removing the front battery to access and slide the back battery out to check. So basically disassemble connections and reinstall took about half an hour every month. Haven't touched my X2's in the year I've had them. Love it and worth every penny.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

10. Member
    If you have to add water to your batteries every month then you have a problem. I only check mine once a year.

11. Member
    If you have to add water to your batteries every month then you have a problem. I only check mine once a year.
    Charging batteries when it's 110 outside with 10% humidity generates additional heat, which leads to faster evaporation. If you aren't checking your batteries once a month in the desert, your batteries won't last very long. Even then, regular lead acids won't last very long.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Charging batteries when it's 110 outside with 10% humidity generates additional heat, which leads to faster evaporation. If you aren't checking your batteries once a month in the desert, your batteries won't last very long. Even then, regular lead acids won't last very long.
    You leave your boat outside? Yea that will kill them quick, not to mention your seats, tires, gel etc. We have the Odyssey Batteries in our boat in Havasu..but we keep it garaged and A/C set at 78..

Even if you store outside check into them...for az there warranty is damn good if you don't over discharge and "abuse them"

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    You leave your boat outside? Yea that will kill them quick, not to mention your seats, tires, gel etc. We have the Odyssey Batteries in our boat in Havasu..but we keep it garaged and A/C set at 78..

Even if you store outside check into them...for az there warranty is damn good if you don't over discharge and "abuse them"
    It's outside, but under a covered space. Still open to the temps. My Deka's didn't even last a year. These X2 have been 3 years on the cranking battery and flawless on the trolling for over a year. Best batteries I can see.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

14. Member
    AGM

15. Member
    Same here.

I bought 5 of the 31 series X2's today, $380/each.
    That's what I paid for mine also. Sales and internet coupons seem to be fairly common on their website.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

16. Member
    This Everstart lasted me 10 years. Lucky. My boat is always outside. Under a metal carport, but never a day in a garage. We get all 4 seasons here, so it has seen thru everything. I got lucky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12