Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Saving money on gas

Just a heads up on a way to get some money back on gas, figured with filling up our trucks and boats we can all use it. I've been using the getupside app for a couple months now and it seems to be working great. You put in the last 4 numbers of your credit card (it is a legit app) and then you claim the savings and check in at the gas station when you get there and then it gives you cash back for every gallon. Around here it is mainly Phillips 66 and circle K stations. It's typically saves you around 10 cents a gallon, but I found you can Google promo codes and right now I am saving about 50 cents per gallon so $15 everytime I fill up. The codes I'm using right now (they will expire so you may need to Google new ones at some point)
    Ryan332842 (this is my code, saves you and me 15 cents a gallon the first time you use it)
    Shopper20 (extra 20 cents)
    7centbonus (extra 7 cents)
    100mil (extra 10 cents)
    You can just keep adding promo codes
    I've been using it for about 2 and a half months and have about $50 saved. You can cash out into PayPal accounts, have them send you a check, or get a gift card to several places including Amazon and cabelas. My coworker told me about it and it works great.

2. Member
    Do you have to put the gas on the credit card you gave them the last 4 numbers to? I usually use a debit card when I get gas.
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

I have both my credit and debit cards on mine so you can use either.

4. Member
    I don't trust many apps. But I have recently adjusted my driving habits and was spending $75 when I stopped for gas. Now I'm spending $45 when I stop. Working out well.

You can add the codes by clicking on the 3 lines in the upper left and going to my profile and clicking edit, seems like you can add as many promo codes as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    I don't trust many apps. But I have recently adjusted my driving habits and was spending $75 when I stopped for gas. Now I'm spending $45 when I stop. Working out well.
    I've cut down to where I only fill up about twice a month right now on my truck, but $30 a month in free money is about what I've gotten in raises the last couple years so I will take it.

7. Member
    I just got the app. Interested in seeing how or if this works. I drive a lot of miles and purchase a bunch of gas. If I can get my normal 4% off with my CC and extra with this, sweet!

8. Member
    My wife and I have been using it for about 6 months. We really like it. I'll add your code in.

Thanks OP, I'll take a look. I still have $2K in prepaid gas cards for BP, Speedway I bought discounted between 8 to 13% off. I wish that was still going on. Profits on Exxon stock I bought during the pandemic will pay for more gas than I could use in a lifetime.

BP has a "fresh perks" reward program that goes through Pick N Save grocery stores. Everytime you shop and activate your perks account at check out you get points. Depending on how much you shop you get up to $.80 off per gallon up to I believe 35 gallons. Once or twice per month when I hit $.50 to $.80 off a gallon I use it to fill the boat.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely look into this.

I get $0.20 off gas due a local grocery store program with Shell + 4% off gas on my credit card. So I am getting over $0.30 off per gallon or nearly 10%. But I'd love to improve on that.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    BP has a "fresh perks" reward program that goes through Pick N Save grocery stores. Everytime you shop and activate your perks account at check out you get points. Depending on how much you shop you get up to $.80 off per gallon up to I believe 35 gallons. Once or twice per month when I hit $.50 to $.80 off a gallon I use it to fill the boat.

Hy-Vee stores have a program where certain items will save you .05- .35 per gallon per item

Biggest saving for me is planning. I get everything I need in one trip to town, hardware store, groceries, gas for outdoor equipment and vehicle, ect. Normally I can go a month on a tank of gas in my DD. Pick up when fishing is a different story as is the wife’s SUV
    Last edited by Bassman Ia.; 06-24-2021 at 09:12 AM.

13. Member
    How are you adding multiple codes?
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

14. Member
    Get upside is a lot of trouble for very little savings.
    Just my opinion.
    I shop at Kroger, accumulate the points and use them for my fuel savings. My truck doesn't care what brand of gas it burns.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    How are you adding multiple codes?
    I just kept hitting edit on the promo codes and adding the new one and it kept stacking the promos on top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Get upside is a lot of trouble for very little savings.
    Just my opinion.
    I shop at Kroger, accumulate the points and use them for my fuel savings. My truck doesn't care what brand of gas it burns.
    It took me 5 minutes to set up and find the promo codes and then it takes 10 seconds to claim when at the gas station. It has saved me $55 for a grand total of about 6 minutes of my time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I just kept hitting edit on the promo codes and adding the new one and it kept stacking the promos on top of each other.
    I am only getting one to work at a time. But thank you. Will use your code first
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

18. Member
    Thanks Ryan

19. Member
    I have the app and every station that participates is $0.30-$0.40 a gallon higher.

I just buy at the cheaper place and get the 5% cash back on my Sam's Club MC!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

Wondered how this deal works so used Duckduckgo to search for it. Below is the link to how you work it. What I need to know is how to download the app into my flip phone.

https://support.getupside.com/hc/en-us
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast