Pensacola Charter or Rental?

My wife and are visiting Pensacola the third week of August and I’m looking to do some fishing. What is the better route to go, charter or boat rental? I have all the bass fishing gear you could want so bringing my own rods isn’t a big deal. If rental is the case where is a good place to rent from? If charter is the answer, what is good outfitter? I guess I’m looking for closer to shore for redfish and stuff.
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

2. Member
    Decided to do my own fishing, what tips can you guys give me? I know bridge and pier fishing is popular but never done it. Is live bait the way to go? Is there ways to fish that live bait for success?
    1984 Ranger 395V 1998 Mariner 225 Mag EFI

"A bad day of fishing, is always better then a good day at work"

3. Member
    I was stationed there for three years 20 years ago. I forget the fort name on P ' Cola beach made famous by shark dad but that is a great place. The intercoastal comes in there.

The P'cola bride takes specialized gear with the heavy current.

4. Member
    I lived in Pensacola for 8 years and bought my mother a house there, which she lived in for 40 years. Every time I visited I would go fish the piers, bridges and beach. A lot of fun with a wide variety of fish. Take a look at this web site....https://floridapanhandle.com/pensaco...nsacola-beach/ and see if it helps you. Also, do a search for fishing in Pensacola. Good luck.