Thread: think it's time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

think it's time

I've thought long and hard about it and thought 70K was my retirement pretty sure it's close to time to hang it up. thanks for the ride fellas it sure has been a fun ride. But time to move on. I'll check in but getting burned out after 20 years. Been here since Day one from the old board. Member # 58 thanks for letting me try and help you all. Peace, Fred. More than enough help here to contribute.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I've thought long and hard about it and thought 70K was my retirement pretty sure it's close to time to hang it up. thanks for the ride fellas it sure has been a fun ride. But time to move on. I'll check in but getting burned out after 20 years. Been here since Day one from the old board. Member # 58 thanks for letting me try and help you all. Peace, Fred. More than enough help here to contribute.
    Wow, all I can say is thanks for all of your great help over the years. I've not posted a ton on this forum but I have lurked and read a LOT, and almost without exception you were a main contributor to the answers I was seeking. So thanks again and enjoy your "retirement"...!

Dave in RI

3. Member
    Wow, is what came to my mind as I read your post- I just registered. Enjoy your retirement sir. I don't know you but I am sure you are a great man.

4. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    thanks for everything Champ ! thats what you are , a champ !

Fred,
    I hope you stick around as a member even if your done moderating or coaching. I hope we meet one day because the brew will be on me.

Tight lines friend, but please do stop in from time to time if you get bored.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    Thanks for all the valuable advice you have given, and for your patience and for your willingness to help us who didn't know where to turn. I hope you enjoy your well-deserved retirement and that you won't be a stranger.
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150

8. Member
    Go fishing. You deserve it. Thanks for all your guidance and patience with all of us.

9. Member
    Bummed to see you go. Really appreciate all the help and knowledge youve shared.

Thank you!
    2004 ChampioN 188 Elite
    2004 Evinrude 200 DI

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    You will be missed my friend, you have my info stay in touch . And thanks for everything you have done for me over the years
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

11. Member
    Understand completely! Go enjoy your retirement - well deserved! And thank you for all your years of effort, advice and contributions!
    "Life's too short for an ugly boat!"
    1985 totally refurbished Pro-Line 21A Cuddy - 175hp Evinrude FFI

12. Member
    Thank you for all of your help and insight Fred. Made me a better and happy Johnson / E-Rude owner. Hope to see you some day at Riverside Marine in Old Hickory. Think you can sweet talk Rusty into another return to the forum?
    Last edited by Buccaneer; 06-25-2021 at 06:36 AM.

13. Member
    Seems like I have heard this before from you fred, hope it is not true this time also.

14. Member
    You're not going anywhere Young Man, This is in your blood and you enjoy it. You'll still be answering questions way after I'm long gone. You're a valuable source of information with a sense of helping others. Something this 'ole world really needs right now. Hang Tight !

15. Member
    Sure going to miss you. Thanks for all of your help. I may have to pull my rig down and see you. All the best on your time away.

Hate to see you go! Appreciate everything you've done for us!
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

17. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gearcaseman View Post
    You're not going anywhere Young Man, This is in your blood and you enjoy it. You'll still be answering questions way after I'm long gone. You're a valuable source of information with a sense of helping others. Something this 'ole world really needs right now. Hang Tight !
    Tell him Eddie !!

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Tell him Eddie !!
    You know Mike, We are long overdue with a sit down dinner to discuss this with this young man. Let's make it happen !!

Please don't go, you have been such a great resource for us!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast