Part no for Anti Siphon valve

Anyone know the part no for an anti siphon valve? Its for a Ranger Z20. 2005 with a 225 ETEC HO.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Any boat shop or even West Marine will have them you need a 3/8" OD barb.

3. Member
    Why? A trouble waiting to present itself.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    Why? A trouble waiting to present itself.
    ????

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    ????
    They are not required. Can result in excessive restriction to fuel flow which in some motors can lead to disaster.

Just one more thing to go wrong. Simpler can be better. IMO.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    They are not required. Can result in excessive restriction to fuel flow which in some motors can lead to disaster.

Just one more thing to go wrong. Simpler can be better. IMO.
    incorrect on the statement “they are not required”. Some form of anti siphon protection is required. This can be the tank outlet being lower than any potential for an open fuel line, a fuel cutoff valve or an antisiphon valve. Understood on the potential for problems these valves can create, but properly sized as recommended earlier and good quality work well.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighare View Post
    incorrect on the statement “they are not required”. Some form of anti siphon protection is required. This can be the tank outlet being lower than any potential for an open fuel line, a fuel cutoff valve or an antisiphon valve. Understood on the potential for problems these valves can create, but properly sized as recommended earlier and good quality work well.
    You have misread the law. An anti-siphon valve is not required on boats that are powered with outboard motors.

But it is your boat. You are free to install it as you wish.

For the OP is he chooses to use one. http://www.moellermarine.com/product...-siphon-valve/

8. Member
    Sorry yam911 but I respectfully disagree. I have not found any writing in the ABYC standards that separate outboards for antisiphon requirements. Antisiphon protection is required for any means of propulsion in a small craft that uses a built in tank. It does not excuse an outboard engine unless that engine is equipped with a portable fuel tank. Outboard builders install antisiphon protection every day. If is was not required they would not do it. I am not trying to argue what dealers and owners do to fix antisiphon issues. I get it 100%.
    Again, Respectfully and not trying to be argumentative

9. Member
    No arguments on my side either.

ABYC is not the law. ABYC is based on the law however. ABYC does not tell the whole truth. Only part of the truth.

Here is what ABYC is based on;

10. Member
    The rest of the story. What ABYC does not say.

Notice that the anti-siphon verbiage is CFR 183.568. That language is covered by CFR 183.501. Applicability. And here is what 183.501 says:

11. Member
    CFR standing for Code of Federal Regulations. AKA "the law".