Lightweight Stable Kayak Recommendations

Looking for recommendations on a lightweight stable kayak to fish out of. Needs to be light enough to transport /remove from my 5th wheel ladder. I'm 67 so needs to be on the lighter side, preferably < 75lbs. Never owned or fished out of a kayak so will be completely new experience. Don't need the pedal options at this juncture although that would be nice

So, not knowing how big of a guy you are, I would recommend (based on your criteria) a Pelican. Probably among the lightest of the sit on top fishing types. I believe this one comes in at under 70 lbs. https://pelicansport.com/collections...-120-krp12p100
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    So, not knowing how big of a guy you are, I would recommend (based on your criteria) a Pelican. Probably among the lightest of the sit on top fishing types. I believe this one comes in at under 70 lbs. https://pelicansport.com/collections...-120-krp12p100
    Shows at 69 lb. Looks like a good choice for someone entering the market w/o experience and specific requirements.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Thanks. I actually have the Pelican Catch 130 with the hydrive (Hobie's first gen pedal system). I've fished out of several, and my previous one was an Ascend. I've been very happy with my Pelican and like you said it's a good price point and light enough to manhandle alone without a trailer. If I had more money than common sense I would probably look at a Hobie. Nucanoe's are also a good choice, but thought the Pelican would be a better choice. I had my Ascend for 6 years, very stable (I'm 6'2" and 230)...but heavy and slow...like paddling a barge...and it didn't come with a rudder.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

5. Member
    Thanks gents for the suggestions

I have a Hobie PA-14 but we go on several over the hill and thru the woods adventures that I got a Pelican Catch 100. It tracks well and is very stable. I went with the 10 footer because I did want as lite as I could get.