Graph wiring question

Running dedicated wiring to my graphs ( 1 at bow, 1 at console and point 1 ).

2 questions

Can i just put fuses at graph or do i put the in back of boat? At the graph is i feel the proper way. What is the industry standard for this?

Will be using a re-set circuit breaker at battery, Can i just use that as my on/off switch? Or also install a master cut off switch?

thanks
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    Fuses go as close to the battery as possible. They are there to protect the wiring not the not the equipment, contrary to popular belief.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

3. Member
    The circuit breaker is to protect the wiring.
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Running dedicated wiring to my graphs ( 1 at bow, 1 at console and point 1 ).

2 questions

1. Can i just put fuses at graph or do i put the in back of boat? At the graph is i feel the proper way.
    2. What is the industry standard for this?

Will be using a re-set circuit breaker at battery,
    3 Can i just use that as my on/off switch? Or also install a master cut off switch?

thanks
    1. Answered in post #2. A fuse should be as close to the battery as possible.
    2. Are you asking about fuse-size? If so, you use a fuse that can carry the load of the unit (5Ah on a 12), but you can use a larger fuse as long as you wiring can handle a higher load.
    3. Theoretically you can use the reset, but I would highly recommend a proper cut off switch that controls all the electrical devices on the boat, and one more for the outboard.

More on wiring and fuse:
    https://teamcolibri.blogspot.com/202...r-my-unit.html

5. Member
    Decided to use a fuse block under console and wire everything from that with dedicated wire to fuse block.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Decided to use a fuse block under console and wire everything from that with dedicated wire to fuse block.
    Still requires circuit protection at the battery, a combination switch/breaker would be the best bet, Bluesea or bussman
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Member
    Yes, should always have a fuse/circuit breaker at battery to protect the circuit. That should be as close to battery as possible.
    Semper Fi