2016 250proxs idling rough sometime shuts down when put in gear?

As stated in heading my 2016 250 proxs is idiling rough the last couple times out . It has shut down a few times when put into gear. I use 87 octane and have used Dons mix the last few years. Lake around here are smallish so I haven't had extended wot time lately i do idle graphing quite a bit. Thanks guys.

2. Member
    might be time for plugs and some fuel psi tests
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Don't need extended WOT time, just need extended runs where your engine runs cleanest. I can never remember the lower and upper rpms, but do know 3800 - 4400rpm is in the range Don has frequently posted an Optimax runs cleanest (where I run mine).
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor