Carpet cleaning with shaving cream

What’s the process

2. Member

Johnnyboydan
    Triton 185 Merc 150

3. Member
    When applied immediately after a spill, shaving cream will help stop stains from setting. Only plain, white shaving cream is safe to use on carpets because it contains no dyes or greasy emollients, but it is best to err on the side of caution and spot-test a small area before treating a large stain to ensure the shaving cream won't damage or stain your carpet. If the stain is already dried and set I'm not sure that it will work as well.

1) Blot the spill with a clean, dry wash cloth or several sheets of paper towel to soak up the excess liquid. Avoid rubbing the carpet or pressing too hard while blotting, since the friction and pressure will make the spill soak in faster.

2) Wet a sponge and wring it out. Blot the spill with the moistened sponge to dilute it. Avoid pressing too hard on the sponge while blotting since the moisture will push the spill further into the carpet pile. Rinse the sponge after using it.

3) Cover the spill with a layer of shaving cream. Make the layer of shaving cream at least 1 inch thick. Let it soak in for 15 minutes, or until it completely dissolves and disappears.

4) Blot the spill with the moistened sponge to pick up the shaving cream residue and the spill. Make several passes over the spill until you are satisfied that no more shaving cream residue remains.

5) Pat the area dry with a clean, dry washcloth or paper towel to help extract any remaining water. Let the carpet air-dry naturally.
    2000 Ranger R83
    2000 Evinrude Ficht 150
    MG Trolling Motor
    Garmin ECHOMAP 63cv, Garmin Striker 7 (helm)
    Garmin ECHOMAP 93sv, ECHOMAP 73sv (bow)

"I've got the boat, the rods and reels, the lures . . . now if I could only catch some fish."

4. Member
    Thanks boys appreciate it