2021 921 Pro Xp jackplate & trim settings

Tried searching for this info but couldn’t find what I was looking for. Boat is single console, atlas jackplate, Merc 250 4 stroke, 24p 3 blade, with two power poles and 1 AGM 31 battery and 3 27 trolling motor batteries.

Just finished up my break in and trying to get acquainted with the jackplate (first time hydraulic user) settings for hole shot, handling and speed. Dealer told me to set jackplate around 11-12 and trim all the way down for hole shot which seemed to work so far with empty livewells, anything different if livewells and gas tank full?

Also have only been able to see 70.5 mph top speed (solo, empty livewells, water temp 70, and half tank of gas) which is less than I was expecting out of this boat. I don’t have exact RPM number when I topped out but I believe it was around 6000-6200. My front compartment is is basically empty and I think I have balance out the weight pretty good as I’m 265 lbs. Any advice on jackplate or trim settings to get more top end speed?

2. Member
    Seat time and play with it....
    Fish have fins, they swim

3. Member
    indeed. I guess I was looking for some expert advice from the experienced members of this site just like asking about rod, lure, or even sirloin tip recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    Seat time and play with it....

4. Member
    Well to be fair on hole shot...you can fill the live well and try it a few times with the jack plate in a few different spots. My experience has been to get her trimmed out and play with the jackplate from there.

Not trying to be a jackass but setups are different from person to person on how their boat is loaded with tackle, accessories, type and number of batteries. There are a lot of variables and it is easy to adjust and play around with a hydraulic plate than a manual.
    Fish have fins, they swim

5. Member
    john crews has a good you tube video about using a hydraulic jack plate actually has good safety points especially about sharp turns with jack plate to high causing boat to hook

Once you hit that 70mph range on a good straight start to bump the plate up or down from say 12. After a few seconds the boat will either gain or lose speed. You will find the sweet spot. Probably need to be trimmed all the way up too. And be able to handle chine like a pro. If you aren’t comfortable with it eventually you will be.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

JP around 12 should be very close. We need to know the exact rpms. for max speed...Once on plane, trim all the way up and them bump it down 3 times. If you have a smart craft gauge, the trim should be around 6.5. You should be seeing 73-76 mph solo

8. Member
    I have the same exact setup. I start my JP at 12 then bump up to 16 at WOT. I trim no more then 3/8. If I keep my plate too low it walks really bad. My top speed is 73.9

9. Member
    thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sansa View Post
    I have the same exact setup. I start my JP at 12 then bump up to 16 at WOT. I trim no more then 3/8. If I keep my plate too low it walks really bad. My top speed is 73.9