My luck with losing weight came down to this

Was pretty obese a few years back, tried low carb, keto, fasting and all those other fad diets.

What worked was cutting out sodas and juices, bread, sweets and just lowering the amount of carbs to a much smaller portion. I still give in sometimes, and love my Coors, but keeping these rules in mind help me drop from 215 to 170 or so, and maintaining.

2. Member
    Yep.
    Sodas = sugar
    Juices = sugar
    Bread/Carbs = sugar
    Sweets = sugar
    Cutting out sugar (or a significant reduction) can be life changing.
    Congrats on the weightloss and a healthier lifestyle.
    2020 Skeeter FXR21
    2020 Yamaha 250 SHO
    Solix 15 - dash
    Solix 12 - bow
    Ultrex
    Sea Clear Power harness

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Duplechain View Post
    Yep.
    Sodas = sugar
    Juices = sugar
    Bread/Carbs = sugar
    Sweets = sugar
    Cutting out sugar (or a significant reduction) can be life changing.
    Congrats on the weightloss and a healthier lifestyle.
    I hear ya,

In the past 6 or 7 years I had let my weight climb to an unmanageable 338 lbs. (I’m only 5’ 11” tall) it really adversely affected my fishing and motorcycle riding. I finally saw the light and became motivated 116 days ago on March 25th, 2021. I got on the Keto diet and today I weighed in at 281 lbs. that’s a loss of 57 lbs to date. I have absolutely no problem maintaining this eating regimen and look forward to losing another 31 lbs to my target weight of 250 lbs. I just turned 66 years old this past June and actually feel great, my fishing and bike riding is now 100% more enjoyable. Not to mention I look 57x better than I did at 338 lbs. yes, I’m a believer in Keto and will never go back!!!!!
    ……Ranger Randy 521c

4. Member
    Good job, RR. Congratulations on your loss and keep the faith in the low carb routine. 18 years on it for me, went from 275 down to 200 in 6 months, found maintainable equilibrium at 210/215 and have been here for years now. Doc says keep on doing what I'm doing as my numbers are great.
    I could probably get down a few more pounds but it's a struggle to stay there. I'll be 60 this fall.

5. Member
    I did the Roger Raglin diet. It's basically cutting out all sugars, carbs, dairy, etc. and somewhat similar to keto. I wasn't happy at 195 lbs and was the heaviest I've ever been, not to mention on high BP and cholesterol meds. I was able to drop 30 lbs in about 2.5 months. More importantly, my BP and cholesterol came way down to normal levels to the point my doctor took me off the meds. I also learned a great deal about food, and what to eat vs not (in moderation now). I'm much happier now and feel great. Been able to maintain my current weight of 165-170 and that's where I plan to stay. Sure makes outdoor activities more enjoyable, PLUS, when you have to lift and carry a 30 lb item, makes you astonished how much weight that actually is and your body doesn't have to carry that much around! Anyone thinking about that type of diet, all I can say is GO FOR IT. It really isn't terribly difficult to do once you get into the groove, and the weight literally falls off.