Thread: Last one

Last one

center bolt should be tightened down? I can't get the pic to upload. but the long center bolt in the Z lock jack plate is not tight.

2. Member
    If you are referring to a Z Lock manual plate, the center long threaded bolt used to adjust the height in theory really doesn’t need to be tightened down. It is only used to raise or lower the height. The side bolts and nuts are what holds everything in place. For example, on mine after adjusting height and all 6 side bolts and nuts are torqued down I will loosen the center adjustment bolt and then re-tighten just so it is snug and the bolt and washers won’t be rattling, not torqued like the rest of bolts but only tightened so it won’t move.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bware View Post
    If you are referring to a Z Lock manual plate, the center long threaded bolt used to adjust the height in theory really doesn’t need to be tightened down. It is only used to raise or lower the height. The side bolts and nuts are what holds everything in place. For example, on mine after adjusting height and all 6 side bolts and nuts are torqued down I will loosen the center adjustment bolt and then re-tighten just so it is snug and the bolt and washers won’t be rattling, not torqued like the rest of bolts but only tightened so it won’t move.
    Thank you sir!