How hot do you run?

Saturday I was in a tournament and I had a fairly long run. I ran for about an hour at 6200 rpms. I normally run at 210 to 212 degrees on the Honda NEMA. This Saturday for some unknown reason I was running 221 on the way out and my normal 212 on the way back to the ramp. I was had good h20 psi no alarm went off and it ran fine so overall no big deal. Maybe a very minor restriction that cleared itself.

My question is what is the normal temp at WOT for a BF250???

2. Member
    Wow 82 views on this post and no one knows how hot a BF250 runs on a long run at WOT. I guess there are very few of us running this outboard.

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Dont know I ever paid it any attention!! If it gets to hot it will go into guardian mode and power down.

4. Member
    Around 200 + -

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    Wow 82 views on this post and no one knows how hot a BF250 runs on a long run at WOT. I guess there are very few of us running this outboard.
    Does guardian kick in at 240?

6. Member
    Was out a week ago and mine cut out bad about 45 seconds after I took off from fishing a ledge on ky lake. Darn near looked like it was about to throw the motor up in the boat. I let off and it ran fine for a while and did it again 2 more times then ran fine on the run to ramp. Had no alarm but looked down once at my honda nema gauge and had temp symbol showing one time, but don't know if it was correct cause I can't get it to keep from constantly scrolling and not showing what I want to see. Seems like it's not wired right because it resets when key is off and power cut off to it. Had 20psi water when it did it. It was hot and not a breath of wind so I thought maybe heat related. Haven't been out since.