Lowrance app sync deleted all my Waypoints

Been trying to get this working for a while. Finally I was “successful”. Unfortunately the sync functioned more like a move and deleted all my waypoints off my HDS lives and put them on the app. Not exactly what I was looking for in terms of functionality.

Fortunately I realized where they went and was able to export them to a GPX file so I believe I can import them back but what a pain. I have an open ticket already with Lowrance so I’ll report back when I hear back but I wanted to give people a heads up before anyone else has to experience this.

2. Member
    The reply from Lowrance, after weeks of trouble shooting this:

“Yes we know this is not a good behaviour at all. I believe the issue is specifically with networked units and with the new update we have coming we are specifically designing the system for offline use with networked units. Hopefully you’ll hear more about this in the next month or two.“

So long story short, back up everything and you might want to avoid the app until they resolve this.

3. Member
    Thanks for sharing this info. I just updated and was looking into doing this but after reading your post I think I'll wait a few months. I hope you were able to get all your waypoints back where you need them. Its unfortunate lowrance is basically saying we know, just wait a few months and we'll figure it out; instead of saying we want to help you sort this out on your units asap here's some things to try.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

4. Member
    I got them all back, just a little heart attack when they got wiped. I could imagine a disaster scenario on unfamiliar water if you had the update service on auto sync, got near somewhere you had Wi-Fi , them boom it wipes out all your stored navigation data you need to get home. Lowrance doesn’t see to see it that way though……wait a few months for an update.