Thread: Gen 3 Time

Question Gen 3 Time

I have a 2016 BassCat Puma with 2 - 9" Gen 3s, one on the console, one on the bow, networked. The bow unit is also networked with the Yamaha 6Y8 digital gauges. Both are running software version HDS_Gen3-7.0-59.1.86-Standard-1 (latest they will run without freezing up). My problem, while the console unit keeps correct time, the bow unit does not and has to be reset every time it is powered on. When stored, I turn off the boat's master power switch, and the main breaker in the back, but this does not the effect the console unit, only the bow unit. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    After correcting the time, you power down the unit like you should? Meaning a short press on the Power-button and then pressing the off-symbol in the menu that pops up? If turned off by holding Power, or by cutting power, the unit will not remember any changes to settings done in its last cycle.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    After correcting the time, you power down the unit like you should? Meaning a short press on the Power-button and then pressing the off-symbol in the menu that pops up? If turned off by holding Power, or by cutting power, the unit will not remember any changes to settings done in its last cycle.
    I turn both units (console and bow) off the same way. I hold the power switch down until the unit turns off, then flip the master power off on the boat, and lastly flip the breaker off in back.
    Should I make the short press on the power button and then press the off symbol in the menu. I have never done either unit that way.
    Thanks for your response.

4. Member
    Holding the power button down is essentially a forced quit. Like when a computer is froze. I would use the short press and power off menu item if it was my units

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Holding the power button down is essentially a forced quit. Like when a computer is froze. I would use the short press and power off menu item if it was my units

NoCAL
    Didn't know that. I will start using that approach.
    Thanks

6. Member
    Update:
    I set the clock on both the console and the bow on Friday, powered both down with the screen button instead of using the power button. When I got to the lake on Saturday, both units had different and both were inaccurate time showing. When I delete the time from the bow screen, the console stays correct, when the bow unit is set to show time, neither one stays correct. I deleted the time on the bow, too much aggravation. There's got to be a simple thing I am doing wrong. And yes, I am "saving changes" at each step.

7. Member
    Go to Pages, Settings, Network, Data Sources and identify where time is coming from. It should be Scope, Local and Source, This Unit. Or could be Point 1 if you have that. But the Scope needs to be Local.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Go to Pages, Settings, Network, Data Sources and identify where time is coming from. It should be Scope, Local and Source, This Unit. Or could be Point 1 if you have that. But the Scope needs to be Local.

NoCAL
    I will try that. Thanks.