97 Ranger seat pedestal bushing question

Can’t seem to buy the right bushing for my pedestal bases, ,, my boats a 97 Ranger fish and ski with the assume snap lock 1.77” pedestals and the bushings I bought from boat were incorrect,,,spring lock # 2100040…… it came with 2 bushings,, one fits over pedestal, but won’t fit into old hole, and the other is too small,,,,what’s a guy to do?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeum View Post
    Can’t seem to buy the right bushing for my pedestal bases, ,, my boats a 97 Ranger fish and ski with the assume snap lock 1.77” pedestals and the bushings I bought from boat were incorrect,,,spring lock # 2100040…… it came with 2 bushings,, one fits over pedestal, but won’t fit into old hole, and the other is too small,,,,what’s a guy to do?
    My 97 518 was same way. There should be a wooden block included with the kit to drive in bushing, after its in , pedestal will be tight, I took a sanding wheel in my drill and made it a touch bigger,

3. Member

This is mine,

Larger bushing fits inside diameter but not outside hole on boat,,,,,,outside hole is Much smaller,, 1.77”….the smaller bushing looks to be the seat bushing for upper part of pedestal,,,,,….so this won’t work,, I think what I need is the Springfield # 2100038 bushing kit,,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Takeum; 06-20-2021 at 02:31 PM.

4. Member
    Check out Grizzley Jig Co in Caruthersville MO. I think they have some.

5. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/Springfield-M...4224469&sr=8-2

You can buy elsewhere for less cost, but it's quite an ingenious way for Springfield to mark-up and sell a simple, inexpensive plastic bushing.

6. Member
    Wow. Almost $60 bucks for a seat bushing? Crazy,,wish it wasn’t plastic either,,,,,something like bronze or even urathane would work better I’d think

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    That was the one i purchased for my 1990 make to clean out the old bushing first then drive it in with the dowel
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

8. Member
    I have a 97 461vs but my 1.77 are not snap lock. ??

9. Member
    Might not be snap lock then,,whats the difference?